MW2 M.P. Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

croSSeduP

In Runtime
On my gaming computer I cannot play this game online. It lags really bad, and even seizes for seconds at a time. When it un-seizes, obviously I'm dead. I am running this wireless, however I do not expect a wireless problem as all the other games I have and play online run just fine. Here is the computer's specs (I posted about this computer on another thread):

CPU: AMD Phenom 8750 Triple-Core Processor 2.40 GHz (O.C.'d to 2.9)
GPU: 2 ATI HD3870's in CrossfireX
RAM: 4 gig DDR2 mem.
HD: 3 hard drives totaling 530 gigs. (80+150+300)
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4

Meanwhile, my other computer - which is modest at best compared to the one above - runs this game online just fine. That computer is an AMD duo-core, single 8800GTS GPU, 2 gigs DDR2 mem, Windows XP 32-bit, CRT screen... I have the graphics down a little on this computer, but the game runs smooth. I will say, however, that this computer is the hardwired one to the internet. Still, I would be surprised if it is a connection issue, because, as I said, all the other games I play online work fine. Any ideas?

TG

What about other call of duty games? I have had this happen before when playing multiple call of duty titles on wireless. Moving the receiving location may help.

Thanks for the reply. This is the ONLY COD game I have. I did recently move the Wireless hub to a more central location which helped my online performance across the board. E.g., I also play Quake Live and Quake 3 Arena from this computer, and I have NO connection interruption problems w/ either of these games at all. It only does this on MW2. What next?

TG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom