Most Ridiculous Thing I Ever Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Wow. What an idiot. Does he have absolutely no idea about the fact people can barely play crysis on highest ? and that new games are coming out all the time ? His ignorance to the whole scene of gaming and computing is so vast it almost makes me angry.

"are you planning on dropping $250 or more on a graphics card any time soon? DON'T!

I'd advise anyone thinking of spending any kind of serious money on a serious high-end graphics card to put off that purchase for a few months and wait. Wait for what?

NVIDIA GeForce 295GTXWell, first off, I'm seeing a diminishing return from high-end graphics cards. Seriously. Apart from Crysis, I've not come across a game that seriously taxes these high-end cards that ATI and NVIDIA have been putting out for some time now. I'm not sure what has happened to games, but they don't seem to be driving the hardware any more. maybe this is down to the fact that all the major games consoles are getting a bit long in the tooth from a hardware point of view, and since many games nowadays are a port of a console game (or will be ported to the consoles) hardware demands have to be kept in check. Or maybe it's that game makers have become wary of pushing high end hardware requirements onto gamers. Or maybe it's just that the success of games such as World of Warcraft have proved that the success of a game has little to do with high-quality graphics. Whatever it is, there are few games out there now that will be limited by the GPU as long as you have a middle-of-the-road GPU fitted."

What !? You go play crysis with a "middle of the road" gpu and have fun, please go and try. And games arn't becoming more demanding ? Lmao ! what a prat.

Well, he did say "apart from Crysis". But yea, there are certainly new games that tax hardware. Age of Conan, Far Cry 2, and GTA4, for example.

But you can't just say "apart from crysis". He might aswell say, all girls are ugly, except from the pretty ones.

Whether he likes it or not, alot of people do wish to play crysis. and there are games that are nearly as taxing to play as crysis, GTA4, Saints Row 2 for example.

Well there is some valid points there. You don't have to have a ~$250 gpu to play all the latest games. A sub $100 4830 will play every game out there and nearly "max" all of them. Besides in my experience as long as you have decent fram rates and medium settings your ok. I personally never liked low settings because it often times seems like its a very drastic downgrade and in some games makes it hard to see things (Crysis was like that for me).

^ Then there are those who want Ultra High settings, 16x AA on 1920x1200 with over 100fps who crave the next fastest video card and hardware.

Id be happy with ultra high settings, 16xaa, 1920x1200 with 40-60 fps.
anything over your monitors refresh rate is a waste anyway.
:p

Just because some people are fine with playing games on medium settings, doesn't mean a lot of others don't like looking at sharp graphics and cool effects :p. Especially considering most games are just the same regurgitated crap anyway. The least they can do is improve graphics.
Frankly I enjoy playing the game for the gameplay, AND the graphics, if i've got to go buy a 600$ card to do it, so be it. A couple days overtime never killed anyone.
Doin my part to help the economy, LOL.

He should get a 30" screen. Then try and whine about games not taxing his gpu :/

I guess companies could be slacking off, because A) It costs a lot of money to make a game as pretty as crysis and/or B) people moan and complain every time a game comes out that destroys all the newest hardware. I guess now there's guys like him who whine when games aren't murdering your hardware too.. can't please everyone.

that guys a tard

"there are few games out there now that will be limited by the GPU as long as you have a middle-of-the-road GPU fitted."
thats not true even for medium settings anymore on most popular games.

apparently he plays @ 800X600 AA off settings Lowest

^ Then there are those who want Ultra High settings, 16x AA on 1920x1200 with over 100fps who crave the next fastest video card and hardware.

And those people are simply going to ignore this guy. Like I said he has some points especially if talking to people that just want to play the games. If you want the absolute best settings then of course you need really high end stuff and he did say apart from Crysis. True he should of said apart from Crysis and some other games. But you can find a 4830 for $60 to $80 after MIR and a gtx295 is normally right around $500. So if you don't absolutely have to have the greatest settings a 4830 is fine and I don't see the gtx295 being 6-8 times more powerful. So from a price/performance view its not worth it.

Is he right. No
Is he completely wrong. No
Sure hes closer to wrong than right because he comes of as saying nobody needs high end stuff except for Crysis but plenty of people would be happy with a 4830 video card.

Exactly.

Sure a $100 videocard will allow you to play most games @ 1024x768 or 1280X1024 with no eye candy on. Sure it's playable, but there are plenty of gamers out there with 22"+ LCD's that want to run highest resolutions with all the eye candy on.

It adds to the experience as well as gets you your $50 worth. I'm certainly not paying $50 for a game so I can just "play it".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom