The most anticipated games/mods

I was meaning the basic concept.

But that's been their release schedule pretty much...

1 to 2 years for release cycle of a new iteration.

Who says BF4 won't have better physics or other improvements? They haven't really released anything on it yet, so we can't say either way really.
I do not count 2142 or 1943 because they had such a little impact on the market compared to the main releases. 1942 and 2 were a huge leap, and 2 to 3 was a huge leap. Those are the games most all Battlefield fans played if they were like me and did not really care for 2142 or the Bad Company games. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way because I watch the same kind of response from others on their Facebook page. If they wanted to continue the cycle you have highlighted then an update to 2142 should have been release. Future warfare. No, they are using the same basic concept images as BF3 for BF4 showing us it will be modern warfare still meaning it's the same idea as BF3 with a few updates and a hoard of DLC ready to be released.

The new Mass Effect and Dragon Age have been said to run on their update version of Frostbite 2, which will be 2.5. If this is their latest version of the engine then they will be putting BF4 on it. They have had hardly any real time to develop anything new. They will most likely just expand MP for the updated resources of the new consoles, add a few new things and call it a day. Just like Call of Duty.

I do not count 2142 or 1943 because they had such a little impact on the market compared to the main releases. 1942 and 2 were a huge leap, and 2 to 3 was a huge leap. Those are the games most all Battlefield fans played if they were like me and did not really care for 2142 or the Bad Company games. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way because I watch the same kind of response from others on their Facebook page. If they wanted to continue the cycle you have highlighted then an update to 2142 should have been release. Future warfare. No, they are using the same basic concept images as BF3 for BF4 showing us it will be modern warfare still meaning it's the same idea as BF3 with a few updates and a hoard of DLC ready to be released.

The new Mass Effect and Dragon Age have been said to run on their update version of Frostbite 2, which will be 2.5. If this is their latest version of the engine then they will be putting BF4 on it. They have had hardly any real time to develop anything new. They will most likely just expand MP for the updated resources of the new consoles, add a few new things and call it a day. Just like Call of Duty.

Just because you don't count them, doesn't mean they don't exist and aren't on their normal cycle. If you don't count them, then don't count BF4 when it comes out if it's supposedly not going to have a huge impact. Nobody is forcing you to buy it. It's about like how Windows is released - every 2 - 3 years (minus the XP situation that never should have happened).

Only BF game before BF3 I played was Bad Company 2, which I quite enjoyed; played it with my friends when I first got my PS3 2 summers ago (had it on PC before that, but didn't play it as much on PC, because I preferred FEAR's MP at the time, and was also into Fallout 3). We played with groups of 4-6, depending on how many people were able to come to 1 person's house at the time to play. We still do this for BF3 as well (7 people in a room all on the same team is great fun... 60 game win-streak so far..hoping to continue that this weekend when everybody is back for Easter break).

Hopefully they bring back the destructible environments into BF4 like they did in BC2.

One line to end all arguments regarding the subject. It's EA, nuff said.

I don't count them because they aren't the same game. That's like saying Black Ops 2 and Modern Warfare are exactly the same. You have people who buy the Infinity Ward games only, and people who buy the Treyarch games. Even you know and have to admit that BF1942, BF2, and BF3 are a different level of game than the rest and are therefore the driving force of the game series. Each game having a long period of time for actual development in between, and the difference between all 3 shows. The fact that they are announcing the game already means they are almost done giving us reason to assume they have put not even half the development time into BF4 as they did the rest. Giving us further reason to assume (along with EA's killing of developers and series names reputation) that BF4 is going to be a rehash of 3 with added extras much like MW2 and MW3.

Whether I buy it or not isn't the point. The point, is they are killing the series like CoD was killed and nobody seems to care. The long list of DLC that was pre-determined is very much proof of this on BF3, that it's totally a cash cow now. I hate to watch people defend the killing of game series, or defend EA's antics for that matter. Shame on you sir.

BF3 does have destructible environments. You can even be killed by a building falling on you.

Bring back total map leveling and I'll be in. I'll probably avoid it like the plague though because EA.

----

I came back to include Star Citizen.

Levels would be boring if everything was destroyed.

I liked the totally destructible environments. Snipers keep flocking to a building? Level it - changes strategy of gameplay.

But that's your opinion, and I have mine.

Just watched their 17 minutes of gameplay. It appears I was right. I don't see how they will produce such large maps and more than 64 players when they are releasing this on current gen consoles. Unless they are left out, in which what is even the point? Graphics look the same.

RIP.jpg

Back
Top Bottom