Morrowind > Oblivion???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, graphics don't make a game truly better than another.
From what I have read and played ... the gameplay is somewhat better.
The story is definately not as good as Morrowind.
The horses concept is pretty overrated, they are somewhat limiting
Cooler things doesn't really support your ideas.

Then again... it seemed like morrowind was more expansive with weapons and more of a totally free roaming game without any help.
Oblivion seems to hold your hand quite a lot with the main story line, quests. I don't really like when games are made easier.

I'm just curious... I wan't to know if I should buy it or not. What really makes this game better than morrowind to the extent that I should switch.

Morrowinds story line kinda sux after youve played this one because its so long and over done. Seriously, and its easier to get started in Oblivion. Also, the graphics are what make most games come alive. Im not saying its better because it looks pretier but im saying its better when you can see a face of pain when you slash the **** outa somebody rather then no face at all lol. Morrowind is almost impossible to get started w/ gold and weapons w/out cheats whereas Oblivion makes it a little easier so you can have more fun and it isnt so hard to get going. I like a game i can get going in pretty easy and learn. Morrowind is a great game and ive beatin the main quest many times but i personaly think Oblivion is better. Also, why are you asking the questions if you obviously have the answers and your own opinion of the game.

Because I didn't play all of it. I don't know if I was really missing something, and It's possible to convince me otherwise.

I really don't like games where it's easy to start out, especially since I'm used to morrowind. I had the most fun with morrowind because of the fact of how hard it was. You were literally living another life, in real life no one holds your hand to show you where to go (well in some ways but you know what I mean). So as of now I think morrowind is still the better game.

I don't play games for the graphics or seeing someone's face cringe while I jab at them.

But yeah... are there just as many side quests or anything. I want to know if I will get as much time out of this game as morrowind.

well.......supposedly to beat EVERYTHING in oblivion, it would require 200-300+ hours of gameplay. The world is pretty dang big and if you dont do the fast travel thing, then yeah.....you'll be playing for quite a while just as you travel between cities. Of course, when you travel between cities on foot you come across a lot of hidden things like temples, caves, ruins, enemies, etc...etc..

I played 25 hours of oblivion and stopped cause I'm not a huge fan of RPG, but yeah.....there's a lot of crap you can do in there.

Never played morrowind though, so I can't give you any opinion on that.

I played about 25 hours of it and got bored, there's way too many "go here fetch this" quests.

To me it seemed like more of a game that requires sheer time and not so much skill, and really isn't that much fun. I like other RPGS that have more guidelines, better tasks, and allow you to become insanely powerful compared to monsters.

The thing I probably hated the most about oblivion was the leveling system was utterly retarded. The game became harder as you leveled up since monsters would level up better than you would. I don't consider harder to be more fun, because it didnt mean that it made the game more challenging, just more frustrating when you can just barely take down a wolf or something.

I find most rpgs where the monsters level up as you level up are dumb. The whole point of leveling up is to become more powerful, so that you can smoke the crap thats lower than you.

Final fantasy 10 is where its at. My main guy can 1 shot almost all monsters, has auto haste, auto phoenix, and autoprotect. That's what RPGS are about to me, getting to a point where you can own ****.

Another sweet one was Diablo 2, nothing was more fun than mowing down 50-100 cows at once.

Yeah in morrowind, you literally could become almost Godlike. Flying everywhere and becoming a vampire/ werewolf even elevated your position as a God amongst insects That is one thing that really appealed to me. And yeah I do walk on foot all the time, it's the only way I like to travel. Why waste the big world given to you... that is what morrowind/ oblivion is.

I don't know, I really don't think I'm going to get it. It seems like the main reason people say it is better is because of the graphics.

You are right though, the game doesn't take much skill. Just patience and time. However I do consider it one of the best rpgs ever made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom