Which is more tactical CS:S or TF2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude TF2 is run and gun, people dont work together because they have to they just play for fun and play whatever class they fell like, same with cs but in cs it forces you to be careful and plan things out rather than just run in cause if you run in you get owned and have to wait to spawn, tf2 anything goes you can totally freak out and pray and spray, not case with css

public games shouldn't be considered... it's lack of tactics in both situations, I went over how each one's completely different

Merk has the right idea.

CS:S teamwork is really not all what you guys may think.

It is not just good strat calling and holding postions.

After pure skill, team chemistry comes into play. It is hard to explain but after many many many scrims you start to understand what your team will do. You eventually are able to predict when your team will win and lose, which can be depressing at times (lol), but more importantly then that you can predict what your own teammate will do. After being on my old team for a long enough time, i understood exactly when my partner at Long A for d2 scrims would peak, throw nades, and occasionaly when i was flashed, i would have a feeling of what he would do.

1. Skill
2. Team Chemistry
3. Knows when to lighten up, and take scrims/matches seriously.

imo, thats what makes a good team.

Tf2 is basically this for scrims.

1. Attack like **** for first mintue.
2. Talk on vent about the defense of the other team.
3. Regroup
4. Use coordinated attacks to weaken defense.

In pubs though... it's every man forhimself... teamwork in tf2 comes more then CS:S though.

public games shouldn't be considered... it's lack of tactics in both situations, I went over how each one's completely different

In that case both are tactital when it comes to private/tourney/clan based games both will obviously have tactics, depends on the team leader how well he plans the strategy then

For competitive gaming, CS:S hands down. Pubbing is a close one.
CS:S is better anyway.

I woudl say CSS because its more realistic, I have TF2 but i think its a bit to cartoony. But its fun.

I think both require certain amount of tactics, although more teamwork than tactics with TF2`

i'm not trying to flame anybody but both games are just arcade shooter to me. (IMO only!)
for me, tactical shooter means the game has to be somewhat realistic and close to real life situations.
which means real tactical games forces you to move tactically not by your own will/choice but by the situations.

1 shot death is a must. any body shot makes you not be able to run. (more than 1 shot in body = death)
no respawn.

It's all about do or die that makes you move as tactically as you can possibly be. (or you'll die in 10 sec.)

yes, and obviously i'm an old school R6 fan.
R6, RVS, Regiment are the most tactical games i've played.
(too bad all the newer Rainbow Six games are all arcade shooter.... RIP R6 Series...)
once you've experienced how those "real tactical games" play, you'll feel any other shooters just "arcadish".

"tactical shooter means the game has to be somewhat realistic and close to real life situations."

Not flaming you, but every shooter regardless of the gameplay has a lot tactics, simply put tactics is deploying, maneuvering and attacking in a certain manner, and it can be as unrealistic as you can make it if you want.
Any serious gamer will be forced to move and react depending on their situation, I think that is the most basic instinct regardless if it is a "tactical shooter" or not.

"It's all about do or die that makes you move as tactically as you can possibly be. (or you'll die in 10 sec.)"

You are going to "move as tactically as you possibly" can in any game, it just depends on the tactics, because those are relative to the situation/game. In the games your describing it involves a lot of stealth (therefor slower and more hidden movement) and quick shots ( because of 1 shot kills). In a game like Unreal Tournament 'moving as tactically possible' would mean a lot of fast movements with good jumping.

I don't think "tactical shooters" are any more tactical than most shooters, just those tactics revolve around "realistic" ones, which I feel are still a long ways from being realistic. No game is realistic at all because they can't simulate real pain and real life or death fear (well, technically you could simulate pain, but I don't think the game would be enjoyable if it did :) ).

So my main point is, tactical does not mean realistic, it's just how you move and interact in a game. To be honest, I don't know why they would even call "tactical shooters" tactical because when you look at it all online shooters are tactical, that is if you want to win and actually be good at it :) . I myself enjoy realistic shooters as well as more unrealistic games but being realistic has nothing to do with being tactical, just how you are doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom