More news on Skyrim

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are confirmed photo's from the xbox 360 version, which to be fair is never going to look much better than oblivion as that game used quite a lot of console power.

The PC version will look significantly better. They would physically struggle to make a bad looking game these days, if they made there own new engine for this game, there is no way they would make it using outdated techniques and technology. That would just mean they couldn't use it for future games. They wouldn't do that.

Also you have to remember this thing is 10 months away, they practically make the new annual CoD release in that time. If activision can publish an entirely new game in 1 year, Bethesda can most definitely improve the graphics in 10 months.
Bazinga ;)

They looked like a tweaked cracked out version of Oblivion to me which is why I'm disappointed. I hope he is right that they are 360 screenies so when I actually play the PC version I cream my pants by all the lag my system is doing from the gorgeous awesomeness of the new land of Cyrodil.

Bazinga ;)

They looked like a tweaked cracked out version of Oblivion to me which is why I'm disappointed. I hope he is right that they are 360 screenies so when I actually play the PC version I cream my pants by all the lag my system is doing from the gorgeous awesomeness of the new land of Cyrodil.
LOL ok let me rephrase....

no fine im wrong:facepalm:

This is put under PC Preview. Exactly how are these confirmed 360 shots? They look alot better than the 360 shots I have seen before, like they have AA enabled.

Well everyone on official Skyrim forums seems adamant they're 360 shots. I wouldn't like to upset them.. so i go along with it :D Besides, it's hardly common practice to release PC screenshots. We don't even get PC screenshots of Crysis 2. And Crytek love PC.

ANYWAY

We are on the same side here :) lets just all pretend that they are definitely 360 screenshots so we can relax before we see PC gameplay.

Why wouldn't they ? if they know the graphics are only going to get better than they have no reason to be afraid - especially when they arn't actually bad in the first place, just perhaps not cutting edge graphics that people would expect from a AAA game.

Anyway, I can think of one game straight away. And this is demo compared to retail..

demo:
Lighting2_Demo.jpg.jpg

retail:
Lighting2_Final.jpg.jpg

I agree with abstract hero, even if the graphics don't improve, i'll still love it.

It just looks like they decided to make that part brighter. I see no quality difference. Even If you see something besides that that I don't, it's nothing to call home about. I already admitted I could see small changes like that, but if that is all there is, I don't know why people are excited.

I have plenty of in game footage of Crysis 2.

Well bro, spit it out. How does it stack up against the original in visual quality and optimization?

This.

Never drops below 35fps on my rig. What happens when i try DX11, well that scares me a little.

That's because it takes after the Cryengine 2 (Crysis 1) in this aspect. No matter what I do on my machine with that game whether it be low settings or 8xAA I'm always around 35FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom