More news on Skyrim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed the current screenshots don't look much better at all. I think forcing graphical quality to be equal on all systems is holding it back too. The 360 is pretty ancient hardware (as anything 5 years old in technology is) now. But there's also the fact that these are only small widescreen pictures. Until we see finalized gameplay videos 3 months from release, I don't think we'll get the picture of how updated the game really will be.

If this is maxed out in DX11, then

son_i_am_disappoint_trollcat.jpg

Still though, I will buy it and play it till my system, brain, and stomach cry for a break. Probably borrow a porta-potty and mount my monitor and desk in there so I don't have to get up.

These are confirmed photo's from the xbox 360 version, which to be fair is never going to look much better than oblivion as that game used quite a lot of console power.

The PC version will look significantly better. They would physically struggle to make a bad looking game these days, if they made there own new engine for this game, there is no way they would make it using outdated techniques and technology. That would just mean they couldn't use it for future games. They wouldn't do that.

Also you have to remember this thing is 10 months away, they practically make the new annual CoD release in that time. If activision can publish an entirely new game in 1 year, Bethesda can most definitely improve the graphics in 10 months.

These are confirmed photo's from the xbox 360 version, which to be fair is never going to look much better than oblivion as that game used quite a lot of console power.

The PC version will look significantly better. They would physically struggle to make a bad looking game these days, if they made there own new engine for this game, there is no way they would make it using outdated techniques and technology. That would just mean they couldn't use it for future games. They wouldn't do that.

Also you have to remember this thing is 10 months away, they practically make the new annual CoD release in that time. If activision can publish an entirely new game in 1 year, Bethesda can most definitely improve the graphics in 10 months.

If the graphics were going to look better, why would they show off something inferior and make the game look bad? Blizzard had plenty of time to improve sc2's graphics but they didn't. I just don't see anything noticeable happening. You might get a difference like that between the 360 and ps3 versions of oblivion, but nothing more. I've never heard of any company ever significantly improving graphics on a game between first reveal and final release. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

I think Kmanmx is right. It will look better when finished and this probably is only the 360 screens anyway.

Quite frankly I don't know what everyone is ***** ing about the game looks fine (much better than oblivion IMHO) and you know you're going to play it 80+ hours a week for the next year because of its shear size, so STFU. :p ((I'm just playing) but you know I'm right.)

If the graphics were going to look better, why would they show off something inferior and make the game look bad? Blizzard had plenty of time to improve sc2's graphics but they didn't. I just don't see anything noticeable happening. You might get a difference like that between the 360 and ps3 versions of oblivion, but nothing more. I've never heard of any company ever significantly improving graphics on a game between first reveal and final release. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

Why wouldn't they ? if they know the graphics are only going to get better than they have no reason to be afraid - especially when they arn't actually bad in the first place, just perhaps not cutting edge graphics that people would expect from a AAA game.

Anyway, I can think of one game straight away. And this is demo compared to retail..

demo:
Lighting2_Demo.jpg.jpg

retail:
Lighting2_Final.jpg.jpg

I agree with abstract hero, even if the graphics don't improve, i'll still love it.

This is put under PC Preview. Exactly how are these confirmed 360 shots? They look alot better than the 360 shots I have seen before, like they have AA enabled.

This is put under PC Preview. Exactly how are these confirmed 360 shots? They look alot better than the 360 shots I have seen before, like they have AA enabled.
No one said they were confirmed but we're saying there may be a possibility like maybe they are held back a little.

But yes either way they look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom