MMORPG's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eest97

Solid State Member
Hey guys I am wondering what you think is the best MMORPG that is out right now and why do you think so?

Eest.

wow. most complete end game (both pvp and pve), ****ty leveling system now, any old noob off the street can pick it up and level to 85 in about a week. graphics aren't legendary but they float my boat.

all my opinion of course.

Is WoW still worth the money you have to pay to play? How does old games like WoW and Everquest compare to the newest MMORPG's Like RIFT?

it's debatable for some, I think it is. I've spent somewhere around $250 on WoW in my time playing and I've gotten at least 30+ days of played time. Look at it from the perspective of if you bought modern warefare for $60, how many hours did you get out of it before you spend another $60 on another game and put modern warefare away.

The amount of enjoyment and played time that I've gotten out of WoW totally justifies the amount of money that I spent on it. All though I'd say if you're just starting it then it's a pretty expensive game to get into because you've gotta buy the game, and then 3 expansions, so it's at least $100 to start, but they offer a lot of free trials so you can really test it out and see if you want to get into it.

overall though the end game caters to all kinds of players, anyone from casual to hardcore, you can find enjoyment and there's always something you can do to get better. And I don't think the community is rivaled by any game.

I can't say anything about Rift as I haven't played it, but graphics wise it stomps WoW but so does just about every game out there, but part of wow's draw if for people who are running older systems and who don't have the money to upgrade or don't care that they get under 30fps.

WoW doesn't offer a pack where you can get all of the previous expansions? That seem odd.

they kinda do, the only thing i've seen is an initial 30 day subscription and the burning crusade expansion for like 40 bucks, but you've still gotta get WotLK which is 40 and cataclysm which is 40.

He is right, WOW is the way to go even now. Blizzard is just such an exceptional company. They keep the new content flowing and you will never run out of things to do. I logged over 125 days, 90% of that on one character. So it just goes to show... If I rerolled or w/e the game basically never ends.

Depending on how old you are though, I would caution. I stopped playing right before highschool because I knew that I would do awful. I get great grades and stuff now. If your out of highschool and or college and have a lot of free time I would play it. Honestly, don't play it in college. I have heard of so many people fail out because of a game and that basically ruins your life...

Yeah, you don't have that kind of time in college. You want to spend all your time studying and partying.

i personally prefer rift to wow. i like the game play and the class system better in rift, i played wow for about 3 months and it was just kinda blah for me. rift on the other hand im liking alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom