MMORPG woes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thresh

Desktop Engineer
So, I've quit wow because it's gotten too tidius to get far with your character after 60. But, now im craving some MMORPG'ness, and can't decide what to do... Here's what I've been thinking. One is I can wait for the expansion for wow to come out and give that a try. Rumors say there will be 3 new races, possibly a new continent, raised level cap to 75, and obviously more content. That's awesome but.... ya know... it might not be that great and get boring soon, again.

Then there's Star Wars Galaxies, which has come a LONG way from it's glitchy beginning and balancing issue's, but now there is so many people with so much more time put in than you, and when your playing a game that base's alot on time, you feel very small. But still, very fun, just you feel really left behind and without really being able to make a difference.

Another one I've been thinking about, Dark Age of Camelot, which I played for years. Only reason I really stopped playing was because the game was so dang addicting. And lately they have added so much content with the big graphics upgrade and Catacombs release and now they are coming close to having mounts, mastery levels, and more. I also have a couple level 50 characters on there that I could definitly enjoy playing again, but then there's that feeling of left behind again. I haven't played for a year now and there would be so much catching up, and all my gear would be out of date, etc....
And also I would sort of like to try something new, if it's anything like this was.

Lastly, I was thinking about waiting for a game called Vanguard http://www.vanguardsoh.com/. Which sounds extremely promising from what they say it will be like and how it looks from the screenshots, but I don't know as to whether or not they will follow that all through when the game is released. But, I like the idea of playing an MMORPG from when it first releases or it's beginning, so if I were to do that, I think it would be this one.

It's alot to consider, so if you all have some thoughts or play one of these games personally and would like to add or say something, please do! I Would like all the opinions and advice I can get before I go investing in monthly payments and hours upon hours of playing time! Thanks.

Thresh said:
Then there's Star Wars Galaxies, which has come a LONG way from it's glitchy beginning and balancing issue's, but now there is so many people with so much more time put in than you, and when your playing a game that base's alot on time, you feel very small. But still, very fun, just you feel really left behind and without really being able to make a difference.
And it till has a long way to go.
I am leaving SWG for a lot a reasons.

My primary one is going is that I am going to be a scout leader, and the night that the scout meeting are on are also one the nights that the SWG Servers does down for mantains.

SWG shuts down for maintains TUESDAY, THURSDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT about every 2 days. And that does not include the other nights when they are applying hot fixes.
After that, the servers can take from 1 hour to 3 hours to reboot.

At the end of the day, and also with the fact that I do have a life out side MMOLRPGs, I am trying to figure out why I am paying SOE money for.
There is no sence in me playing again that when i want to play is not online.

Also ever since the combat upgrade that SWG, a lot of the servers are extremely unpopulated. Like 2 nights ago, the new expansion came out. Every other planet was DEAD on my server except for the new one.
I figured (since I have not purchase the new expansion yet) that I was better off playing KOTOR.

About the only thing that I do like about SWG is the profession system in the game. I do like how you can really customise your characters skills and abilities just depending professions you wish to choose.
And if you if you get bored. Then you can change over to another profession.
Other games will only allow you to choose one profession right at the bigging. Eg. Freinds of mine (that does not spend a lot of time online) choose to a preist in WoW. Big Mistake for the casual MMORPGer

No.... as much as I hate to say it, I am moving away from SWG for good this time. I am going to pick up a copy of City Of Villains when it comes out in the next few week. :p

If you want more RPG goodness try the following, unless you already have.

Neverwinter Nights
Sacred (**** Goblins respawn every time)
The New Final Fantasy (online only)
Everquest (a classic )

Yeah I played Neverwinter nights. Never heard of Sacred. Final Fantasy Online.... I forgot about that, why haven't I heard anything on that?? weird... And Everquest.... I never like the thought of no PVP. Aren't the graphics dated too? What's the difference between that and the new one anyway besides graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom