Mmmk Levels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameGURU

Fully Optimized
I've gone through about 6 hours of Oblivion and I haven't leved up yet. I'm only like halfway through level 1. How do I go up? The booklet confused me.

In Oblivion you have 7 major skills. To upgrade your skills you use them. Makes sense that swinging a sword makes you better at it. When you have upgraded skills from those major skills ten times you will get an icon letting you know that you can level up. To actually level up you need to rest in a bed.

Your problem with leveling might be that all of the skills you are actively using are your minor skills and not your major ones.

yeah, what he said.

But don't sweat it, leveling up doesnt really help you that much as it has no affect on your skills and all the monsters level up with you.

Infact, counterintuitively, its a good thing not to be leveling up fast.

Actualy do level up. Im level 100 and im probably finding crap you guys woudl LOVE to have. Im owning everything out there w/ some Deadric armor and a Dremora Claymore at an attack of 32. The higher the level, the tougher the monsters, the better the swag you get. simple enough? Take their advice and stay at the bottom of the todem pole but youll get nowhere. Go high like me and find some great **** worth picking up. Also ppl that you kill will carry more money and possibly some really rare stuff to sell as well.

I never specified a preference for or against leveling up. Personally I am for leveling provided you've gotten your five trainings of minor skills in.

I've noticed that the difficulty is stepped. It gets hard every now and again, but eventually it balances out.

Also P.P. Mguire I'm gonna need to see a screenshot before I'll believe that level 100 stuff. Even if all of your major skills start off at the 25 base you would still be limited to level 52. Or is there a mod that allows later advancement?

how is it possible to level up that fast? P.P. are u not sleeping at all? im still at lvl5 and been playn for little less than a month. mb playn every other day or so though. im already getting bored at this game....i cant stand the combat...its a joke to me..

download some mods always a good way to make the game more enjoyable.

Im starting to hate level scalling, bandits with glass armour, soldiers getting killed by animals. Also goblins and ogres becoming far too powerful.

Also how the **** can a horse not out run a bear or half the other animals **** they just never stop chasing me :)

I sure hope you picked athletics as a major skill, if you did, just jump everywhere you go instead of walking or running, youll level up a lot quicker.

I stole things for fast cash then i just trained every major skill hardcore. Ounce i reached the limit i just used the cheat to bump up to level 100 for dificulty. But yes i play all the time and i barely sleep naturaly anyways.

Alex81388 said:
I sure hope you picked athletics as a major skill, if you did, just jump everywhere you go instead of walking or running, youll level up a lot quicker.

I'm sure you meant acrobatics...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom