Minecraft won't work due to Java problems (supposedly!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xoh9595

Solid State Member
Hello everyone!

I have a lot of frustrating problems when running Minecraft (a sandbox game developed by Mojang which runs with Java TM). I will try to explain these problems as detailed as possible and I would love to hear numerous solutions for them. In addition to the above, I will also explain what kind of solutions I've looked up through the Internet (none of them have worked so far). So the problem is the following:

I have recently bought Minecraft (to be exact yesterday) and I've kept receving different kind of problems that have caused my Minecraft to crash unexpectedly. Firstly, before reinstalling my Windows 7 64-bit, I also had this problem: every time I would play Minecraft it would randomly crash with the following error: " Java (TM) se binary has stopped working ". Now I tried reinstalling Java and Minecraft like many people recommended me to do. However, that didn't seem to solve the problem, I still kept crashing randomly when playing the game. Then I found out my Java was a 32 bit version and since my operating system is a 64 bit one I tried to install Java 64 bit. However, once again my Minecraft kept crashing (more than before!).

Secondly, I tried to update my graphic card drivers (Nvidia GT 320) because many people said that was one of the main problems that could cause these unexpected crashes. Now this is where the weird things start to happen. Now instead of getting the " Java (TM) se binary has stopped working " crash, I would get the "Minecraft has ran out of memory" problem. So I tried to increase the Java heap space by going to the Java control panel/Java, clicking "View..." and editing the Java Runtime putting " -Xmx800m " so it increases to 800MB. However, this didn't work either. I still kept getting the " Minecraft has ran out of memory " problem.

Lastly, I reinstalled my Windows 7 64-bit operating system thinking that since I had to many programmes installed the error could be caused by one of them. Once the operating system was returned to its original form, I tried installing Java from the official website again and then Minecraft. During 30 minutes the game ran as smooth as silk, but then the " Java SE binary has stopped working " error showed up again. I tried to do all of the solutions I've named above but none of them have worked.

I am pretty sure it's not my PC since it's basically new (2 weeks old). Now another strange thing is that on my old PC these errors never used to occur. I will now give the specs of my current PC and also of my old one:

My current PC specs:
- Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition (64-bit)
- System Memory: 8GB
- Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GT 320
- Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67 Ghz
- Model: HPE-410es

My old PC specs:
- Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition (64-bit)
- System Memory: 4GB
- Video Adapter: ATI Radeon 4350 HD.
- Processor: Intel Pentium E6300.
- Model: Acer Aspire AX3812.

I hope I get any replies from you guys :) Thanks a lot!

PD.: I'm new to this Forum so if I've done anything wrong let me know! :)

Try burning Memtest86+ ISO to a CD with something like ImgBurn and let it run for a few hours (minimum of 2 is recommended, but more is ok). Let it complete several passes.

Did you install any other software after the game was running smooth and suddenly stopped? Maybe it conflicted with that program.

If not, I would almost gear towards hardware since you reformatted and still get the error.

Ok thanks! I will definitely give that a shot and inform you if it does fix the problem. Well these are the programmes I downloaded with Minecraft and Java when I reinstalled my Windows 7:
- Spotify
- Avast!.
That's pretty much it. :)

You could try uninstalling them all, and see if it starts working (or go back to a restore point with System Restore before you installed them to see if it works).

If it does work, install them one-by-one, reboot between each install, and then try running the game. It's tedious, but at least you only have 4 programs to try this with lol.

Ok, so I've burnt Memtest86 to a CD and I restarted my PC and entered the disk afterwards like the Memtest86 instructions asked me to do but I have a problem: when Memtest86 tries to start I get two options, run Memtest v4.0 which apparently is the default one or either run the more outdated one. So I pick the first one and then my PC starts making some constant beeping noises, do you know why? And oh yes, when it does the beeping noise it says at the bottom of the black screen " Ready.. ".

Sure I will try to restore my system to the point where I haven't installed any programmes and I will let you know if it does work.

I will let you know! At the moment I've ran 2 passes so far. How many passes do you recommend me to run approximately? (Memtest86+ has been running for around 1 hour so far!).

Isn't really a definite amount, but I would say maybe at least 5 would have thoroughly checked your RAM.

Are you getting any errors yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom