Minecraft won't work due to Java problems (supposedly!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so far I have been playing for around 10 minutes on Single player and I haven't encountered any problems whatsoever. The only "problem" that I encountered was that when I downloaded Minecraft and I tried to enter it after putting my account name and password it said "couldn't connect to minecraft.net". However, I restarted my computer and opened Minecraft that didn't occur again. I am still afraid the Java problem could happen especially on Multiplayer mode though.

Well that's somewhat of a good sign. Try multiplayer and see if it works as well then.

If you're confident it's working correctly, try installing the other programs one-by-one, reboot, and then try to play Minecraft. See if you can narrow it down more.

Yes I am going to do that. I've installed skype and so far while playing Minecraft I haven't received any sign from the Java error YET. I will try out Multiplayer mode later and inform you then.

I've been playing single player mode for around one hour. However, me and my friend decided to play multiplayer mode and log on the Yogscast server (if you know who they are). After 10 minutes approximately of being in the server I got the "Java SE binary has stopped working error" once again. So this basically shows that it mostly occurs on multiplayer mode. It's kind of strange.

Hmm, I'd say it could be a bug maybe... Your Java is completely up to date, right? Does Minecraft still start at all, or is it FUBAR'd again?

You might wanna venture over to the Minecraft forums and see if anybody else has been having this issue and see if they know of a fix or workaround.

Let us know what you find out.

Yes I'm starting to think it could be a bug too. And it's definitely up to date since I installed it 1 hour and a half ago. What I've also noticed is that when I get the Java error and try to run Minecraft straight away it will not connect me and will say "can't connect to minecraft.net ". However, if I wait like 1 or 2 minures it will connect succesfully again. I will give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom