Minecraft won't work due to Java problems (supposedly!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far no errors, I think my RAM is fine. By the way, I tried to run Minecraft on my friend's PC which also is a HP PC and he got the Java error like I did, the strange thing is that he bought his PC roughly the same time I did ( he bought it 1 and a half week later ). I will now try to use the system restore.

Hmm, does he have similar programs installed like you did?

I almost want to say its a bug in the game, because there's somebody else here that was having problems with MineCraft as well. You might want to go onto the official forums and see if they know of a fix, or if they're aware of it.

Yes he does, he has Skype installed just like me and Mozilla Firefox (32-bit edition). However, he doesn't have Spotify or Winrar installed.
I'm also starting to think it's a bug in the game, but when other people that I know run the game they rarely get that error, they've gotten it before. However, they fixed it. For me it doesn't seem to get fixed and that's why my situation is very difficult.

Well, let your RAM run a few more passes, and then try the system restore back to before the programs were installed and see if it works.

Also, what's your pagefile set to?

Start > right click Computer > Properties > Advanced settings > under Performance click Settings > clicked the Advanced tab > under Virtual Memory there should be a number there.

Wow, ok, you probably don't have an issue with pagefile size being an issue then lol.

Pagefile = virtual RAM btw.

Oh ok fair enough :) I went and restored my system back when I had nothing except Minecraft and Java and I will try out Minecraft now! I will let you know if it still gives me an error!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom