minecraft?

well, i took the computer to our computer guy, because it was running way slow, freezing up, etc. he fixed all of that, and he installed minecraft dayz. i had asked him to buy and install the regular version, but he said why pay for the game, when this was available for free,. the only thing is, my son can not break bricks with it. does anyone know if it can be done with this version? if so, how? thanks again.

well, i took the computer to our computer guy, because it was running way slow, freezing up, etc. he fixed all of that, and he installed minecraft dayz. i had asked him to buy and install the regular version, but he said why pay for the game, when this was available for free,. the only thing is, my son can not break bricks with it. does anyone know if it can be done with this version? if so, how? thanks again.
Check out the minecraft forums or YouTube tutorials to start playing minecraft. As the other guy said, you need a pickaxe to break stone. You can make a wooden one, stone one, iron one, gold one, or diamond one with the right materials.

erm...i'd be worried...minecraft isnt avalible for free, what that guy installed for you sounds like a mod.
Mod-modification of the game normally done by somone not affiliated with the makers of minecraft, Mojang, in any way. modding games is perfectly legal if the modded game is not sold on.
mods use an actual copy of the game as their base and so what you have there sounds like a illigal, modded version of minecraft.
in the real version of minecraft you have to buy a username and password to be able to play the game and download the game files, the game files are not available legally any other way.

Minecraft is about 30-35 dollars and it's pretty appropriate for children the only really iffy things are the mobs (zombies/skeletons/spiders/creepers/endermen/zombie pigmen) and the only really inappropriate thing is if he/she plays on servers with other players.

Because they might swear/converse about bad things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom