Midway collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomic tofu

Fully Optimized
yo!!!! :)

I swung by Best Buy and was hunkering to try and find a nice pinball game...couldn't really find any. Only 1 and it wasn't nice enough :p

Anyhow...my eyes go over to Midway Arcade Treasures Deluxe Edition.

Now I've always wanted to get various compilations like this but could never tell what "version" these ports were.

I want the ARCADE experience...not some console port to the pc. That said...does anybody know about this pack? Is it arcade faithful or is it a SNES conversion?

gaahhh, I must scour the net to find the info, which I doubt I'll find. :)

EDIT: waah...reviews don't look too hot, hehe. It was only $10 but I may just return it if so many are dissatisfied with a compilation pack of a bunch of games.

For any future purchasers, some or all are console conversions and none maybe be actual arcade ports...you know, rom to custom emu, etc.

I will add as I inform myself so hopefully it'll be helpful to others :)

hmm

reading around reading around...

seems like this package might be more faithful than originally thought. I checked sites of the people who made it and what I can tell is...

a couple games were ported from the Dreamcast versions and the rest are arcade emulated.

$10 bucks I actually might stick with it. :D I just hope such an emulated set of games will work on Vista no sweat.

Mortal Kombat!!!!! :p

stop all who may be somewhat curious on this pack

This package uses Starforce copy protection schemes

OK

so it's only $10 for 29 games. I made the plunge to open the software and install, which is no big deal. The games actually all work.

Now, I could have gone the non commercial emulation route and they can often times make these games look better with the blitters they use to create scanlines.

That said, I often buy these to give money to the people that made them. So I do what Ido...:p

I believe though I have the option of returning this, opened, due to the starforce thing, but I'm viewing I should keep it. Maybe starforce isn't all that bad. Maybe it's some piracy groups trying to get at them. Maybe they realized a past mistake and are trying to correct it. I'm not sure.

But I think I'll stick with it. For anyone out there thinking about this...well, it's basically Treasures 2 and 3 buncled. Luckily, the runtimes of treasures 2 don't actually have starforce integrated properly, so you can actually run them without it. Treasures 3 does though...sadly, treasures 3 is more up to date and modern in terms of graphics and the like, but I'm less interested in them. hehe

sigh....starforce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom