Member Sponsored bad company 2 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you wouldn't be you, James. My BC2 handle is different than my username, but it still works.

I jump to the server through one of you. I've never searched for it.

Good point Trotter :p

We should all post our in game user names again, and you can read them off of the people's sigs who have the bc2 stat bar, cause all my friends got deleted a couple of days ago. Mine's in my sig: weirdsauce

Really?? I wonder where this is? I guess I have over looked it! Nice find dude! Rep!

I think in my habits of playing console games I don't even mess with options because I know they are lacking real options compared to PC!!

Yeah I definitely know how you feel. I was a console gamer strictly up until a couple of years ago and just like you I grew numb to any cool options because there just wasn't any. Look around the settings area for it, should be there somewhere. I was Google'ing around for it and it looks like different people have different experiences, depending on what they use for sound.

Hey all... Haven't seen some of you in... ages. So, I am at work, and only have a few minutes left, so I am going to post this now, and NO, I didn't get a chance to read the entire thread so I'm sorry if this was already touched on, but since I won't be back here till Monday, and I don't really go online from home since I am doing LOOOOOTS of work on the house.

What would be involved in having someone set up a dedicated server at their home? Anybody familiar with this?
What kind of hardware, a nice desktop? What about the desktop listed in my sig? (not donating it, just wondering).
What type of connection would suffice? dedicated 1.5 Meg line? 3 meg? 6 meg? 10 meg?
Finally, what software would need to be used? Just a regular copy of the game software for the server, or is there a special version you would need to purchase to run a server? Or is it free?

I'm just plain 'ole curious!

I think that BC2 can only have rented servers with no way to host your own. It may be possible to throw up a non-ranked server as I am not 100% certain on that, but the only way to have a ranked server is to rent/lease it from EA or a partner company.

Basically the same as it was with BF2 and BF2142.

^yeah you could host you own non ranked server for bf2 (i did for a while). Usually any hosted server that you can do is non ranked, there are a few exceptions.

At this time you cannot host a bfbc2 server ranked or not from your house. Very few companies even get the chance as well to host bc2 servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom