Member Sponsored bad company 2 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm back...read through the pages that I wasn't here for and this royally sucks about not getting the server. I wonder how long it will take.

Look at you guys and your insane rankings...and 20,000 point games wtf!! I needs to get back into this, but since I haven't even touched a keyboard in a week, let alone gamed in 10 days...could take a bit to get used to, but I willllll pwn soon enough. I played a couple short rounds a couple days ago, and maybe it was just because I hadn't played for a while but the game sure seems to run a lot smoother.

Thanks Synergy :D

Lmao Sona does not exist, but good one ;) and the Prison here is about the same as Sona except there is no almighty leader who is...Caribbean...

My brother's wedding was last Saturday and we had a ton of family come down from Alaska, Washington, and other areas. It was fun but extremely hectic. Didn't have a chance to get on the comp at all. Hopefully I can get some game time in this week but there is still lots to do as far as wrapping things up. The reception party was absolutely insane! And the bachelor party was even better thanks to me ;)

OUR SERVER IS NOW UP!!!! It must have went up this morning around 4 when the maintenance took place. I have yet to configure it, so bear with me until i figure some of the tools out. Don't worry i'll get the info posted, and the admin stuff to those who need it. Might take me a little while though, as im used to cod4 servers.

Hmm, for some reason it put the server in St. Louis. I don't know why, but i'll test out the connection, see if its any good there, if not then i will change it tonight because it takes an hour. You also only get 4 switches. Well i think i got the admin stuff down pat now, gonna have to test it out with overlord before i send it out to synergy and soul though as im not entirely sure it will work for anyone other then me lol.

But the server name is: Free Fallers & Tech-Forums Bc2 Server

You should just have to search Free Fallers or Tech-Forums and it will come up.

Here is my question. What member of the Staff was contacted so that the use of the name Tech-Forums could be used? Did Larry even give his permission to have the site's name used on the server?

I am sure that Larry the owner of the site would have a bit of an issue with the site name being used without permission.

Just to make it even more clear. A staff member contributing is not consent. A staff member participating is not consent. I know that not a single staff member was contacted cause there was no discussion of this matter ever brought up. This is not an Official TF Sponsored project or Game Server.

Here's my question, what possible reason would Larry have with free advertising. You give me one good reason and i will take the name off if you really want me to do it. I just don't see the point though, as we are not using the name for ANYTHING other then in the name of the server. As well, this is not sponsored by T-F itself, it is member sponsored, so i dont think that applies. If your still on your rain of authority i can change it to T-F member if you would like.

Since no one brought up this issue in the last 10 pages or two weeks worth of posts in this thread then it didn't seem like an issue. This thread has been at the top of the forum for that whole time, so anyone could have said something way back when. Also, a few from T-F have donated who will not play in it much if at all. We just wanted to be fair to them with recognition of their generosity. To say we can't do that is a slap in the face to them IMHO.

Honestly, I donated and I don't give a **** who's name is on the server...I just want a place to play with my pals. There's more important things to worry about and to waste time on...

Since no one brought up this issue in the last 10 pages or two weeks worth of posts in this thread then it didn't seem like an issue. This thread has been at the top of the forum for that whole time, so anyone could have said something way back when. Also, a few from T-F have donated who will not play in it much if at all. We just wanted to be fair to them with recognition of their generosity. To say we can't do that is a slap in the face to them IMHO.

Honestly, I donated and I don't give a **** who's name is on the server...I just want a place to play with my pals. There's more important things to worry about and to waste time on...

Well i didn't bring it up because at the start it seemed it was a TF server. It was stated that luke and overlord wanted to share the cost with TF for the server. Then now it turned into not sharing the cost with them (them also being TF members) it was being shared with a clan and TF. Which is what set me off. Basically soliciting the members of here to help pay for a clan's server.

Mak is right though. And it seemed quite obvious. The folding rig hasn't gone through because it needs Larry's approval, so why would this be okay?

I'm seriously not trying to troll or be mean (I have no luke with Luke or anyone else, they are always really helpful and I like discussing with them) it's just that this seemed to be more TF focused then turned into a side thing for the clan (I am aware that the majority of TF donators are also in the clan..it's just doesn't seem right to also give it the name. If it was posted on TF it should stay TF, no matter if the majority are also in the clan.) Because what happens if the clan members want a clan war , clan event, etc? They just throw everyone else off and do their thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom