Medal of Honor Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Medal of Honor

So, reports have been goin around all day today stating that this game totally blows.

Well i have it and just started playing, so im just in the beginning. It doesnt seem to horrible but im not holding my breath either. Im extremely sleepy so ill have to start actually playing the game after i wake back up. Ill fill in with my opinion on the game then.

Re: Medal of Honor

I disliked the beta, i might pick the game up eventually, but not any time soon. The beta had some things that just needed to not be in the game lol, like emptying an entire clip into a person and them not dying, but like 1 headshot kills? kinda weird.

Well ive played a bit into it, id say about an hours worth of game play maybe a bit more. Ok so the game isnt as horrible (Single Player) as everybody wants to say. At least IMO, BUT i will have to say it acts and feels like CoD copy using the Frostbite engine except a bit slower paced.

The game has its flaws and bugs like any game. The first 2 i noticed was the stop and reload to continue thing. I think it was a bad idea to make so many triggers based off the AI and your actions, especially since guys like me tend to move ahead way to much.

The next flaw (or rather 2) i found was the floating AI bit. Made me lol when i first saw it.

mh20101014091013.png

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/1272/mh20101014091013.png

On top of that, look at those low res wall textures that are awful ugly. Also, this screen shot was taken at 2048x1152 with AA on. Even with AA on and this res it appears and looks like a console game to me. If i wanted it to look like a console game i woulda got it for the 360 instead. Like BC2 i hope extra "loaders" come around so you can change the in game settings to look more pretty. After all, i have a mid to high end rig for pretty. Also id like to make mention i havent tried forcing the game to run AA from NCP and this game runs flawlessly on my rig on all maxed settings.

I would argue that the triggered AI and events are a flaw with DICE in general. Every (SP) game they've release is extremely linear and plagued with trigger events (Mirrors Edge, anyone?...) I quit play MoH like 7 years ago and don't plan to regurgitate it, but thanks anyway DICE. Devs just need to let old series that have died remain dead. Unless it's like an epic revamp like Doom 3 was.

I would argue that the triggered AI and events are a flaw with DICE in general. Every (SP) game they've release is extremely linear and plagued with trigger events (Mirrors Edge, anyone?...) I quit play MoH like 7 years ago and don't plan to regurgitate it, but thanks anyway DICE. Devs just need to let old series that have died remain dead. Unless it's like an epic revamp like Doom 3 was.
As much as i want to agree with you i really cant. Only 2 Dice games ive played are this and BC2. I never noticed an AI trigger problem in BC2 during SP mode. Im hoping they fix this problem with a patch quickly because i just had to restart a mission when i was near the end because of the AI thing. In the screeny it shows Voodoo stuck, well that was the trigger problem i later realized and nothing would fix it but a whole mission restart. Pain in the butt to say the least.

Dude, BC2 single was a trigger-FEST. It was seriously bad. I mean every game has it to some extent, but at least games like Bioshock are creative with it by having the script place the AI in another room or something so they don't drop behind the same barrell your hiding behind (honestly happened to me playing BC2.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom