Medal of Honor Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jake your wrong! You should be infracted for being so wrong and so scarce. LOL. But seriously, Dice only did the multi. Another company did the SP and menus. Danger Close is what I gathered from a google search.

Jake your wrong! You should be infracted for being so wrong and so scarce. LOL. But seriously, Dice only did the multi. Another company did the SP and menus. Danger Close is what I gathered from a google search.

Proof? I don't think that's true. Anyway, that's not really the point. Regardless of who developed it, it's a linear, triggered-AI game. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it, but it does take some fun from the gameplay. My point was that this and other DICE games, in SP campaign, are linear and have tons of poorly placed trigger events.

Im not saying BC2 isnt an AI triggered game, im saying that i didnt have any physical problems in BC2 where the AI getting tied up and i have to restart the mission to continue (as being shown in my screen shot for MoH). Whether or not Dice made the SP or not, im just saying this is only the game ive had a problem with AI triggerness.

I meant in MoH Dice didn't do single player..

Medal of Honor hits PS3 today; Greg Goodrich talks DICE, single-player, Frontline HD – PlayStation Blog
The single-player, created by Danger Close, is an authentic, emotional and exhilarating look at the war in Afghanistan through the lens of a band of fictional characters. The multiplayer, created by world-class studio DICE, is an adrenaline-fuelled experience that will put your first-person shooter gaming skills to the ultimate test.

I would agree in BC2 but not Mirrors Edge, as I felt the entire game was fast paced and there was no time for the obvious trigger moment. I mean they were there but you were already moving at super fast speed.

When I get back tomorrow afternoon I am going to play MoH and attempt to beat it before my girlfriend gets out here. It can not cut into my Fallout time next week. Sorry minecraft, you have to ride in the back for now :p.

He's providing me with the proof of a false statement :p

I don't know, in all the videos I've seen of gameplay footage, it looks like a CoD game trying to be like BC2. The old MoH games were great and were really the birth of the whole WWII genre (IW devs quit EA to start CoD) I just don't see their point in releasing another MoH game. Pacific Assault was a mega fail. And, from your screenshot, it looks like some serious bugs still need to be worked through....surprise.

Not only is it made by two different developers, but it has two game engines. The single player uses the Unreal Engine and the multiplayer uses frostbite.

wow that's lame, they used two different engines? That's just dumb, but that's what they get for outsourcing hte single player to a lower dev.

Not only is it made by two different developers, but it has two game engines. The single player uses the Unreal Engine and the multiplayer uses frostbite.

I tried looking for engine information myself. Do you have proof or a link stating such information? In all honesty this game looks to good to be run by the UT3 engine. And it wouldnt make any sense at all plus cost extra money (licensing, developing ect) to run 2 separate engines.

As for a clone, once a standard has been set its hard to improve on such a standard whether or not we (us gamers) think that standard is ****e or not. To me i see no resemblance to BC2 at all honestly. It acts and feels more like a CoD game except slower paced. Then again, what doesnt these days.

Edit: Scratch that it IS Unreal 3 Engine and a heavily modified one at that. Im shocked because U3 engined games typically give me a severe headache and none of them actually look this good. But why they did this is beyond me. Because it looks so good, not entirely a disappointment but i think the Frost engine would have looked much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom