Mass Effect 3 - what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheepykins

Daemon Poster
Possible spoiler warning

Well....It took me 3 days but i had my first play through of Mass effect 3.

Honestly, left me in awe. The mass effect project isnt just a combination of games, but of 5 odd years of hard work on the part of bioware who have literally created a universe; flourishing with lore and its own little quirks.

Multiple endings to the game naturally, i did what my character has done all along and that is safeguarding the galaxy at any cost, friend or cost of life be damned!

the music, the wonder .... well, its left me shocked to think its going to be a long time until i feel that again. Bioware deserve something more than money for this, its a work of art.

In this games instance the combat is heavier than ever, the AI definatly more challenging and the sheer range of weapons is immense just as number 1 with modding come back. the GUI is more responsive, and more combat actions like rolling are now included

i still found myself using the same weapons over and over but thats all about play style.

my complains i guess, were that in ME2 you had too many companions where as ME3 they've whittled it down to about 6

What is anyone else thinking?

I really liked it. Most stuff is improved, though your squad's AI is still a bit... crap (i.e. running out of cover to the middle of the battle and just standing there after you've told them to get back into cover). I did find the cover system got a bit jumpy from ME2; I frequently found myself on the wrong bit of cover, but I only played on Normal so it wasn't too much of a problem.

I too ended up using the same weapons, and I particularly liked that you could choose not to have certain weapons; I play a Soldier and decided not to carry an SMG or a shotgun since I rarely use them. I probably could've just stuck with either Pistol/Assault rifle or Sniper/assault rifle, since they really throw a LOT of ammo at you (again, probably because I'm on Normal).

SPOILER WARNING ON THE ENDING
What did you think of the ending(s)? I didn't get a very good ending (control the Reapers), in either choice earth was destroyed in mine, along with all the mass relays. Apparently there's 16 different endings and in the best one (you need 5000 military force to get it) you can ignore either option since you have enough military force to actually take on the Reapers.
Tbh I was a fairly disappointed with the various endings... I don't think enough was explained and none of them were satisfying really - I mean, destroying the mass relays kind of puts an abrupt ending to galactic society.

SPOILERS

yeah i had that problem with the endings lol still, my military strength was only 50% and i went with controlling them, as that would safeguard galactic society, and i could just order the reapers to fly into a sun or something.

btw, did you watch past the credits? BUZZ MOTHER*** ALDRIN is the voice of the guy at the end.

i hated vega, even more when i knew he was voiced by freddy prinze jr. and mirandas storyline just turned into a big pile of crap, they built it up in the second game stating he was some big alliance official. he was NOONE

Playing on hardcore with an infiltrator - definitely challenging at times. I blew ME2 when I allowed the Geth to be retrained and the collector base to not be destroyed- but I think it is neat to incorporate those decisions. Played some multiplayer to get the readiness percentage up - now at nearly 80% with about 5800 in game points = 4600 total - so need another 800 points in the final few battles or get my % up to 90% to get the magic 5000. I just finished the Asari home world battle - so will have to play more multiplayer as I doubt there are 800 point left to get. . ...

Overall I enjoyed the game- heard about the very depressing ending... well it is Bioware- so just like the Dragon Age games- the ending are NOT all smiles and sunshine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom