Which manufacturer for my 7800GS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metr01973

Daemon Poster
I'm gonna get a new card this month and I was looking into the 7800GS as I only have an AGP slot and I want to stick with Nvidia. But the problem is I don't know which make of card to get. There are loads out there like XFX, BFG, Gainward, Club 3D, EVGA, etc etc. At the moment I'm looking at the 256MB XFX GeForce 7800GS XT (£227.42). As you can see I live in the UK so I can't use Newegg etc (unless they have a UK branch). Any help would be appreciated and if you've got any other suggestions about any other cards I love to hear them. I should be placing the order at the end of May. Thx.

PS. sorry if this in the wrong place, I just thought it would do better in this forum.

They have eVGA in the UK>?? :eek: :shocked:

Get the eVGA if you can then the XFX, MSI, BFG, gigabyte

Ill be straight up w/ you buddy. XFX isnt really liked around here becasue of all the DOA cards they have sent some of our users. They arent a bad brand just we dont prefer them. I have the eVGA 7800GS CO Superclocked (one w/ the black heatsink). Its freakin amazing and i run everything maxed out! Also, this IS in the wrong spot and will probably be moved to the building section.

IF you can find it, the Gainward Bliss 7800GS, is the one you need to shoot for.

What does the CO mean under edition in the link I posted? Also P.P. Mguire is it worth me buying an OC'ed card or can I buy the EVGA version I've linked above and OC it myself, or do I even need to OC a 7800GS? Thanks guys.

Yes try for the gainward 7800GS bliss, that it the best AGP card, second place is the superclocked EVGA 7800GS CO.

***Wait for this card ***

If you cant find either then a EVGA 7800GS CO or the XFX will be third choice.

EDIT i believe CO stands for copper, i.e. indicating a copper heatsink and yes it's worth buying the OC versions because theres no certainty that you will be able to OC a vanilla card up to those speeds stabily or safely.

Right, I found the Gainward bliss but it's only available in 512mb (20 pipelines though!!) and it's too expensive (about £50 more than the EVGA) and the superclocked version of the EVGA is too expensive aswell (about £30) so I've decided to go for the 256MB EVGA 7800GS CO, link here
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=347685
As you can see it's got 430mhz gpu speed, 16 pielines and 1300 mhz memory speed. I'm happy with that and it's ALOT better than my 6600. lol also the good news is I can order it in about 3 hours!! and not have to wait till the end of May. A friend of mine is letting me put it on his credit card and pay him at the end of the month!! I should be playing Oblivion with some sexy graphics by the middle of next week. Can't wait. Thanks for all the advice, it really helped. I probably wouldn't of considered a EVGA if it wasn't for you guys. So if it's crap I know where to come.........only joking. Once again thanks for all the advice.
[EDIT, 3 hours later]
I've just ordered it, estimated despatch day.......Wednesday 3rd May. So should be playing Oblivion Thursday/Friday. Here's hoping. lol Thanks once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom