Mani Admin Plugin for CS:S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Private_Shon

In Runtime
I'm having problems with Mani Admin. I've installed properly and want to play over VPN LAN with a bunch of friends. I want to make myself Mani Admin so i've added myself to the Adminlist.txt (at the bottom) by putting my Steam ID thing there (i've done that right) STEAM:ID1234:135 etc. So i go on host a game by pressing create game get in then it says you are not admin.

So i tired adding myself by name and password

name;password or whatever their example was like.
but i don't get the info _password mypassword into cfg.txt means (i presume you put info _passoword (with mypassword and stuff) etc into the CFG so i did that. Didn't do anything. I used that but changed info _password to my name and mypassword to my password. No dice.

How am i supposed to acually do this.

Plus some basic info on Zombie Horde might help too. I wanna host a listen server (non-dedicated) zombie horde server. I've installed the mod but dunno what to do next. It sayed type zh 1 in console. did that nothnig happened.

Thnx

Well I used to use AMX Mod for a server I had a while ago, and I've seen lots of servers that use Mani Admin Plugin, but I just visited their site and it doesn't even look like there are instructions for installing. I mean, copying folders isn't exactly complicated, but nothing on how to set up admin files or configure it to run on a server. Stupid, unless I just missed it. Anyway, since you're not using it for a server it shouldn't be that hard.

http://manihelp.cjb.net/

There's a link that might help you out. I'm going to do some research on this because I can't get the new version of MetaMod to work on my server, so if all turns out well maybe we'll both learn this at the same time.

EDIT:

Actually I figured out how it works now. Just add your Steam ID at the bottom of the adminlist.txt file, after all the text with "//" is. Then you should automatically be admin. You can open the console and type "admin" every time you want the menu to come up, or you can edit the config.cfg file and bind any key (I used "h") to "admin." Then the menu will come up every time you hit "h." Instead of using a Steam ID, you can use your name (that you use in game) and a password, like you tried above, but I haven't figured out how to enter the password once playing. But your problem sounds like you have both Steam ID AND a name and password. It might be interfering. Or you could have typed the format for your Steam ID wrong. It should look like...

STEAM_ID:0:0:XXXXXX

Then after that, according to the link above, you have to make a new line and type the word "unknown" and then a new line after that and type "steam_id_lan." I'm guessing the unknown is supposed to be used as a password but it doesn't seem to have a real purpose. However, after typing that, it worked for me.

Hope that works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom