This makes me angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
a modder makes stuff for the server..and hacker makes stuff to get around the server to cheat :\

yea they might sorta know the same stuff..but it's a whole different process to do stuff

EDIT: and you're talking like you can't mod/cheat on gaming consoles...it's the same thing..

I know you can mod and cheat on a gaming console. Ive done so.

Ya kinda missed the point I was tryna make.
So ya mean a hacker never gave back to the community? Only modders?(this is not summarizing )

Or do I have it all wrong? Is it a modder gives back to the community and a hacker just uses the modders work to benefit himself?

What are talking about? How do hackers use modders work? Hackers and Modders are not the same. Buy Counter Strike Source. Hackers do stuff to gain an advantage over other players. Mods level the playing field by giving everyone the same options. In the gaming a world a hacker is sinister.

The main point im trying to make is theirs nothing stopping a modder from being what people call a hacker.

Not here isn't... But then they just get punk busted and removed. All's you had to say was that from the beginning but saying there is a thin line between the two? How stupid.

and whats a modders job? To modify/change
whats a hackers job? Break security measures

In game terms you say modders give back to the community and hackers don't. That Hackers just cheat to prosper. So that means when a modder uses his own work to benefit himself he is now a hacker.

See y theres a thin line?

But i thought hackers JUST cheat to benefit themselves. In this case hes both isn't he. He gave back to the community, made maps, game stats and stuff. And as soon as he benefited from his own work even though others have as well he is no longer a modder, he is a hacker. That is y I keep saying theirs a thin line.

and whats a modders job? To modify/change
whats a hackers job? Break security measures

In game terms you say modders give back to the community and hackers don't. That Hackers just cheat to prosper. So that means when a modder uses his own work to benefit himself he is now a hacker.

See y theres a thin line?

if you change job descriptions you change jobs lol....so yea, there isn't a thin line.

We understand what you're trying to say...but there isn't a line. Yes, they do similar things to a point ...but that doesn't mean they are the same...and if they do what the other does, it becomes the other

There is no thin line. It's a flippin HUGE line.

Without modders you would not have games like Counter Strike. Without hackers you wouldn't have cheating. HUGE DIFFERENCE.

Hackers do not edit game files so much, they create files external to the game which usually get injected into the executable file when the game is launched, there are various methods however. The large majority of Hackers do not even create anything, they go to some lame site, pay $5 and download these hacks.

Modders change things, they change things and make them publicly available (usually) or just for themselfs, such as new skins and weapon models. This is called Modifying files to enhance\change gameplay.

Hackers create external applications to alter memory adress's within the game, to change statistics and data that effects the ingame Player so they have an unfair advantage over everyone else. This can be as simple in some peoples eyes as have a larger FOV, making smoke totally seethrough, etc.

There is a large line between the two.

I tell you what, go tell a Modder he is a hacker. His reaction will indicate the huge difference between the two.

What you are saying is like saying a Terrorist is the same a US/British Soldier because they both Kill people. Just no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom