Mafia 2 Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still haven't put my case together, so yeah, only 1 60GB SSD.
been using last.fm for music.
but I've got other hard drives for storage... but they're not in use either lol.
trying to save up for a Synology DS210+ NAS

really liking the car handling, not as easy as the first Mafia and more realistic.

My only gripe is it seems to me the trees look a bit funny, it's not the jaggyness of them, though AA doesn't seem to fix everything in that respect as well as it does in other games, it's hard to describe, it's this odd texture about them.

Just wondering, what does physX and APEX do in a game like this? APEX related to moving clothes and debris or something? Or are physX and APEX similiar?

I have a Q6600 at 3ghz, HD4870, 4GB ram.

Right now everything is on high, AA is on, but physX and APEX are off. I mean my characters jacket seems to move as it is. If I did try it I'd use that advice and remove the clothing stuff bar Vito's, but what else would they do then?

I am loving this demo....I will be getting this for sure.

The PhysX is off the hook....love the moving clothes when people are walking

Here are a few screenshots....the music is fantastic!

4884632097_4780dedf9f_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

4885235066_fe8a200219_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

4885230234_597fecbeb4_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

4885235524_d3418f0260_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

4885231844_2ea36b75d7_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

really liking the car handling, not as easy as the first Mafia and more realistic.

My only gripe is it seems to me the trees look a bit funny, it's not the jaggyness of them, though AA doesn't seem to fix everything in that respect as well as it does in other games, it's hard to describe, it's this odd texture about them.

Just wondering, what does physX and APEX do in a game like this? APEX related to moving clothes and debris or something? Or are physX and APEX similiar?

I have a Q6600 at 3ghz, HD4870, 4GB ram.

Right now everything is on high, AA is on, but physX and APEX are off. I mean my characters jacket seems to move as it is. If I did try it I'd use that advice and remove the clothing stuff bar Vito's, but what else would they do then?

The PhysX engine is the primary physics engine for the game. It is actually running no matter what gpu/cpu you have. But without the APEX option on, the effects which take more grunt to process are removed. APEX setting reenables this, and uses nVidia GPU to calculate all the physics. It enables more realistic cloth simulation (almost as if the material is thinner, it flaps even more, reacts to wind, etc) it enables some stunning particle physics. It will display up to 10,000 particles in Mafia 2 - and they don't dissapear quickly either. In fact i shot at a wall and filled the floor with particles so much that when i walked through it, i left a trailer of where i walked (feet pushed them out the way) - i then ran 100 meters down the road, had a gun fight with the cops, and walked back to where i shot the wall 2 or 3 minutes later and they were still there.

You also get PhysX tire smoke, which moves out the way when people/cars walk through it. It doesn't look THAT realistic, but then its the first time ive ever seen it used.

The PhysX engine is the primary physics engine for the game. It is actually running no matter what gpu/cpu you have. But without the APEX option on, the effects which take more grunt to process are removed. APEX setting reenables this, and uses nVidia GPU to calculate all the physics. It enables more realistic cloth simulation (almost as if the material is thinner, it flaps even more, reacts to wind, etc) it enables some stunning particle physics. It will display up to 10,000 particles in Mafia 2 - and they don't dissapear quickly either. In fact i shot at a wall and filled the floor with particles so much that when i walked through it, i left a trailer of where i walked (feet pushed them out the way) - i then ran 100 meters down the road, had a gun fight with the cops, and walked back to where i shot the wall 2 or 3 minutes later and they were still there.

You also get PhysX tire smoke, which moves out the way when people/cars walk through it. It doesn't look THAT realistic, but then its the first time ive ever seen it used.

ah I see. I have AA on and this APEX thing on medium, might turn AA off, it's smooth now, but then I'm not in a big guns blazing battle.

Also might try that alteration where you delete cloth files so only Vito has realistic cloth movement, and civilians don't have it as I've read most of the frame rate hit of APEX is clothing for civilians, especially skirts.

btw anyone else have problems with the trainer in that link? Doesn't seem to do anything for me...

What is the pint of a weapons trainer? What is it exactly. I never download anything unless it helps make the game run more efficiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom