MADD Upset Over GTA4 Drunk Driving

Status
Not open for further replies.
well we shud have all known that this was gonnna happen.
I lost my friend a couple years ago due to a drunk driver...

But if i started a group against em, i wouldnt point towards a video game...

Everyone is always attacking the GTA series. Man I'm getting really sick of this. Why don't they just ban all games and everything that is bad for you. Now I'm starting to believe that our world is taking after the movie Demolition Man. Be well!!!:laughing:

oh snap you thought of demo man too? first thing that pops into my head every time one of these topics gets brought up hahahaha

get a ticket for cussing will be next thing they fight for hahaha. 'cussing promotes vulgarness which leads to drinking which leads to drunk drivers' or something retarded.

iunno im fully against drunk driving but this is stupid. to quote some guy on that 1up page:
some guy on that 1up page said:
someone dies from heart disease, and yet we allow our children to watch television that blatently promotes unhealthy living. We need to eliminate television, comic books, role playing games, video games, and all forms of non-educational entertainment because good parenting is NOT the answer people. IT just IS NOT the parents fault, ever, ever, ever! The media is evil and our parenting skills are perfect.

taco bell ftw

edit~ oh post 1234 lol. fun. actually noticing that means its bed time. ;p

Nice Akubane, and its true

but theres far worse things in GTA4 than that Drunk Driving Scene and that doesn't give it an AO rating, there was also a drunk driving scene in GTA Vice City, they didn't complain there

Why don't they go and try and ban the following first:

Alcohol advertisements on TV, any programs showing drunk people, especially if there are cars involved, any adverts that show alcohol has a detrimental effect on driving and makes driving difficult and dangerous( you'd think they'd support those kind of warning adverts, but they obviously don't like in when GTA4 shows driving while under the influence is difficult and causes you to crash).

Then they also need to: Shut down all restaurants, pubs, bars etc that sell alcohol, especially if they have car parks, make alcohol itself illegal then finally ban all cars!:happy:

or.... they could release an M rating means mature, M for mature, get it? This means they shouldn't buy these games for their young children.

When I was a wee little lad I played games like the Doom and Wolfenstein series. And to this day I have yet to shoot anyone in the face or cut limbs off of people with chainsaws.

or.... they could release an M rating means mature, M for mature, get it? This means they shouldn't buy these games for their young children.
THat's a great idea! Why didn't they think of this before! ;)

When I was a wee little lad I played games like the Doom and Wolfenstein series. And to this day I have yet to shoot anyone in the face or cut limbs off of people with chainsaws.

Lol same here. Do I feel the need to re-enact these things that I see? No. My parents knew I could handle those games, so they let me play 'em. Its up the PARENTS to decide what they think their kids can handle and what they can't.

My parents complain about my FPS gaming too, they say one day I may try to get my hands on a chainsaw and kill somebody with it, its been 5 years later and I have yet to try to obtain an m4 and brutally annihilate somebody with it.... so why go crazy... its the maturity of the kids that matter (aka I agree with Carnage and Dario)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom