MADD Upset Over GTA4 Drunk Driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

veg1992

Golden Master
Grand Theft Auto IV is shaping up to be one of the biggest selling games ever created, and is already generating its share of controversy. MADD (Mother's Against Drunk Driving) wants the ESRB to give GTA4 an AO (adults only) rating due to its lighthearted presentation of drunk driving.
MADD Upset Over GTA4 Drunk Driving news from 1UP.com

A group of people that are against a GTA game?! What is this nonsense! =P

Honestly it doesnt surprise me that someone is against it already...now we wait for good 'ol Jack Thompson to show up, eh?

BOOHOOO let us play our games. Just because you drunk drive in a game doesnt mean you are going to go out and try it yourself, thats just dumb! If anything, it teaches you not to do it because it shows you how difficult it is to drive. In my drivers ed class they had those beer googles. Isnt that the same thing? is it influencing me to go and try it? NO. EXACTLY! GTA 4 FTW (except my xbox just broke)

Lol of course people are going to be mad about it.

People are to ******* stupid to censor their own children, so lets try and make the rest of the world (the ones with common sense) suffer, for your own shortcomings.

makes me sick to my stomach

Last I saw, mild nudity couldn't even get an AO rating, I just have a feeling people are against the GTA series of games.... Besides, AO only delays the buying of a game by a single year and keeps it out of local cheap **** stores like walmart.

not exactly charles. Places like gamestop, ebgames (now owned by gamestop) amazon, all the brick and mortar stores refuse to stock AO games. If it was AO, it would definitely be less popular because it would be so hard to get. Not saying there isnt a will and a way :)

Meh, I am sure places will carry it, AO once once reserved for games that contained extreme nudity and sex, now parents want it to be any game that contains stupid themes, such as GTA...

game can have any rating in the world, but the parents complaining are to ones too stupid to censor their own kids.

"my 13yo son billy is easily influenced and this m rated game is bad for him, it should be banned from production, or censored to be more decent"
why the **** are you letting you 13yo kid play it in the first place. get the idiot who sold him the game in the first place fired if you want to blame someone other than yourself.

aoc got m rating and i guarentee theres a lot of stupid kids already playing the beta. makes me dizzy.

no offense to anyone young here that has common sense and a maturity level to not merit any brat bashing. i know lots of "mature" teens that arent part of the problem. just not the majority.

on a side note. ebgames is owned by gamestop now?? XD

I think MADD needs to spend more of there resources stopping REAL drunk drivers instead of wasting their budget on a lawsuit with a freaking video game. Get a grip old ladies....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom