The Lord of The Rings: Battle For Middle Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never knew you could!

LOL what a strange thing to do, does he beat people with his board?

I currently have LOTR Battle for Middle Earth and although I've yet to play campaign yet, I have played Skirmish and online and it is a pretty cool game but is way too simplistic and slow-paced for me.

It takes hours just to finish a match, and there isn't really much skill needed besides the normal "Build an army and attack" gameplay.

Still, it is decent for a movie-to-game conversion, so I would definetely say that anybody who is a LOTR fan and who enjoys RTS games should give this one a look.

my friend told me he got the new Lotr game n i thought oh sick 3rd person action but then I saw it n it blew me away.. I didnt understand how they made it into a strat game.. but very cool none the less

RedRecon2004 said:
I currently have LOTR Battle for Middle Earth and although I've yet to play campaign yet, I have played Skirmish and online and it is a pretty cool game but is way too simplistic and slow-paced for me.

It takes hours just to finish a match, and there isn't really much skill needed besides the normal "Build an army and attack" gameplay.

Still, it is decent for a movie-to-game conversion, so I would definetely say that anybody who is a LOTR fan and who enjoys RTS games should give this one a look.

I think half of that is right, VERY VERY simple gameplay. If you want empire buidling than you will want to look elsewhere, its more action based than anything. Time consuming...yes, but every strategy game consumes more than it's fair share in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom