Looks like Valve has a death grip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameGURU

Fully Optimized
So, Half Life 2 is getting close to coming out (I will pick mine up next weekend) and some more crap has already started to happen. Some copies of the game have already been shipped out to some luck...but not so lucky customers.

Why arent they luck? HAHA well, HL2 requires activation through Steam to play. Which will not be up until Tuesday, so...in effect these poor poor lucky :rolleyes: people will have to wait! Just like the rest of us! HAH!

So...it looks like Valve wont let it slip anymore!

Here's the complete story:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/11/11/news_6113002.html

im sure it didnt help that Best Buy of all places broke the street date...well whatever...i dont get how they can stop someone from playin the single player portion of the game...

Same way they tried to stop you from playing the SP version of the original HL game (not to mention the same way MOST games try to prevent you from playing the SP version of the game)...You're asked to put in a CD-Key during first play.

They're actually lucky, though, because they can contact Valve directly (email or phone) and get the key they need.

If I wasn't so god-damn busy, I'd already be throwing up a review. I barely had time to load, setup, and make sure it began properly, before I got distracted by home events (my gf had to go to the hospital). I'm hoping during my long Thanksgiving-day vacation I'll get a couple hours to play it. Funny, I've had the game for nearly 3 weeks...and I'm only gonna get to play it AFTER everyone else! LOL

Life...is hilariously cruel.
Oh well. I've already got dibs on the new UT expansion pack, so NAHNAH!!! :freak: :)

ah, that would be nice. .. hmm it would be nice to have the time to play the games i got too :(

Shoobie, im planning on going in to the gaming idustry. Thats what I am going to college for anyways...

Could you PM me some helpful info or something that I might want to know plz. Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom