Looking for a new Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
gimli of gloin said:
omg u guys are noobs
IÂ’m no noob!

gimli of gloin said:
without a limit to population the game would suk ass.
I agree with you and dhw200 on that fact to a point, but, you are thinking of the game being played online... And thatÂ’s why I agree.
However, my whole say on this is: Why make a game LOCK the population. Obviously computers now days can handle it. Why not make the game with options... options like: “limit of: 75, 100, 200, 500, 1000, or limitless”?
Why does there always need to be stupid things in games that “take away the freedoms of the player”? Oh and about the micro-management thing. That could easily be solved with the next issue...

j4ckaL said:
you could only select X number of units at one time making it hard to move very large armies around.
How hard would it really be to add the “shift” and “alt” keys? And possibly even a combo of the three(ctrl+shift+’number’)?

Seria said:
How hard would it really be to add the “shift” and “alt” keys? And possibly even a combo of the three(ctrl+shift+’number’)?
I do that all the time. I have about four of the number keys assigned to my different groups of soldiers and its sometimes a pain to have to move one group and then the next group. You should be able to select as many troops as you want at one time.

true, like pressing ctrl+a for all... bearing in mind that you will have to do something to sort workers and solders.

i see your point. not sure why i was thinking of the game from an online perspective. but yea, i also assign numbers to groups of troops. the annoying thing with the selecting all of the units idea is the speed of the units. say uv got a battering ram and a paladin in the same group. cant remember if they just split up or the paladin will go slower.

enough with this empire earth and aoe3 nonesense, good games all but i am here to show you pagens the light, bow down to the greatest Turn based/RTS Stratagy game of all time (drumroll)

ROME: Total war barbarian invasion

Need i say more, probably not, but i feel inclined to tell the masses of its greatness, all other so called "stratagy" games you just selcet guys and throw them at your opponet, guys that never tire, never run out of ammo, and dont fear anything, if only real armies worked that way, but they dont if you want almost frightningly realistic rts battles and glorious Turn based action look no further

IT IS THE MY FAVORITE AND PROBABLY YOUR FAVORITE STRATAGY GAME OF ALL TIME (not including starcraft and homeworld, those two will always hold a special place in my heart, however black and small that shrivelled muscle i call a heart might be :()

other games... ummm
get farcry or doom 3 for an fps
40k dawn of war : winter expansion just came out
The Fifa games never fail to austound
Battelfield 2, the only fps that i know of that succsesfully blends online stratagy elements with an old fashion shoot 'em up

And for gods sake aviod the GTA series like the plauge, cause i mean you can only run over a hooker with a stolen police crown victoria so many before it loses its charm;)

Kerpal said:
And for gods sake aviod the GTA series like the plauge, cause i mean you can only run over a hooker with a stolen police crown victoria so many before it loses its charm;)
Yeah GTA is great. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom