looking for help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditch the TK and get a .com if you ever want anything to happen.

.TK's are unprofessional

Hosting would be like, if i was running a website (a Dot Com), and i wanted to allow you to run a site off my website space i would 'Host' You. The catch is that you'de have to have whatever MY site name is, in your address. Example: yoursite, Pchelp, hosted by be would be http://www.pchelp.lasrix.com
I THINK thats how it works if im not mistaken.

Owning your OWN domain name you can have pchelp.com, pchelp.net or whatever, and like Chris said, its more professional and you would probobly get more traffic.

I'm gonna up a server and my own site soon aswell.

Good Luck

Cheers-

If someone hosts a website it just means they (or their storage hardware) stores the files that are accessed when those who visit your site request them. If yahoo hosts your website, you give them your files and how you want them to be organized - i.e. your website - and when people punch in your url they are accessing stored information on yahoo's servers.
Owning a domain simply means you have the right to use that name as your website.. it has nothing to do with hosting or file storage. If you want a specific domain name and it's already owned by someone then you can buy or rent it from them if they're willing. Sometimes the company that rents/sells you a domain name will also be able to host your site.. but they really have nothing to do with each other.

If you are going host your own website, you would want a pc that is connected to the internet and available to be accessed at any time - otherwise, those who want to go to your site will be unable to if that pc is down.
With all of the competition, it's so much easier to pay a few bucks a month for someone else to host your site.

thanks alot ... i knew there was a catch to the domain name and i searched the net for ever tryin to find an aswer .... once again thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom