Looking for a good gaming mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Project Dusk

Baseband Member
Hi everyone, bout to build a new PC and I'm gonna be playing a lot of FPS games on it, BF3, TF2, L4D, L4D2, CS:S and a lot of others. Currently the mouse and keyboard I use are a Razer Lachesis and a Logitech G15 v2. With this new system in the works and with my old PC being fixed and turned into a spare PC, I'm wanting to give the new PC its own mouse and keyboard. I'm going to give it a Logitech G510 for its keyboard, that I know for sure.

It's finding a decent mouse I need help with. I have pretty big hands so I usually end up clawing the mouse, which I hate. I usually love Razer mice but their ambidextrous designs, small mice and high rate of firmware issues/hardware failures have left me with a bad taste in my mouth as well as more than a few cramps in my hand. So I'm wanting a mouse that will be good for gaming and be able to fit my hand. I've been reading and watching lots of reviews online and have ruled out all of Razer's mice and due to getting some hands on time with Logitech's G500 I have ruled it out too, too small for my hand.

So I need a mouse that's "bigger" than the G500 and is great for gaming. So far I've seen and started to grow fond of the Cybrog R.A.T. 7 gaming mouse. Can anyone here recommend it? Does anyone have any experience with it or any of the RATs? I love how it can be customized to fit my hand and support my pinky and even weighted down. I'm just curious about it before I spend $80 on it. I really don't want to end up with a bum mouse.

Mice are a very personal preference. I'd say try the G700, the G9, or something in that area.

I have no experience with the RAT, but when I had to use one for 2 seconds to change a setting on a friends computer I immediately hated it. I currently use a G700.

My brother has a RAT7 and loves that funky looking thing, I however don't like the feel, I have a now discontinued G5 and love it, When this one dies I'm not sure what one I will be getting next, but will look at either the G5 replacement the G500 (I think that's what it's called) or the G9

Dauntae

I have the RAT 9 (which is the rat 7 minus the cord). It is by far the best mouse I've ever had the chance to experience. It is completely customizable to the individual and it flat out looks great. Just my two cents.

First gaming mouse I ever bought was the mid level Logitech MX518... I have used other mouses in the past but have always gone back to my trusty MX518..best bang/buck ever. It's comfortable, has great accuracy, and Logitech also have amazing warranties.

I have used a RAT 9 and I didn't really like it, but I didn't have the opportunity to adjust it either. I currently use a Death Adder and LOVE IT.

First gaming mouse I ever bought was the mid level Logitech MX518... I have used other mouses in the past but have always gone back to my trusty MX518..best bang/buck ever. It's comfortable, has great accuracy, and Logitech also have amazing warranties.

I use and am in love with the razer copperhead now.

I do agree with you that the logitech MX518 is a steal at the price range....it is a very dependable and well made mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom