LogMeIn Hamachi Ping Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallguy22

Solid State Member
I've searched for problems with this program in your site and oddly, no one has had a similar problem. I'm not real savvy with networking stuff, and I'm trying to play an old RTS game called Command and Conquer Generals with some buddies over LogMeIn Hamachi VPN. We found out we never lag since the EA servers always do.

I can't ping one of my buddies. We know we have all the ports open in our firewalls. I've got advanced settings on the port through Windows to allow timestamp, etc.

I am running XP and he is running Windows 7. Don't know if that makes a difference.

I have also went to my router and set up port forwarding with UPN/VPN as suggested by their frequently asked question pages through their website. Networking stuff really gets me angry since I built my own PC and have decent knowledge with software. It's like a foreign language to me. I don't even know what port forwarding is. I was just reading on their website and what to do. What's weird is that we both show as green to each other and can chat through the program back and forth, but the ping is the key for the game being able to communicate back and forth.

Really frustrated. I appreciate any help to get the game and our buddies all communicating. But it only is a quick fix. Any information you could show me on how networks work, or any articles to read that could allow me to understand firewalls, ports, routers, networks, etc. would be great. I'm also trying to connect a Windows 7 Laptop to a network with 2 PC's running XP in my house. I can't get the laptop to print on my printer on my PC. Networks frustrate me!!

THanks,
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom