Lockpick - Security skill in Oblivion USELESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dartgande

In Runtime
...Because at level 10 you have access to a lockpick that adds 40 to your security skill, and never breaks.

SPOILER ALERT

It's in the Daedric Shrine quest that you get from the Nocturnal Shrine.

I posted this to inform anyone from debauching a character build, and to release frustrations; because, it really sucks that Bethesda made a skill completely useless.

Oh, one last note:

You're INSANE if you don't take Armorer as a skill and you're a warrior class.

I think security does more than just pick locks though? pick pockets and umm, is thewre anything else?

am i the only one who found Oblivions game play is very weak....im pretty disappointed. its too open ended for me. i usually dunno what to do next. and doing meaningless quests. all the potions and so many useless stuff. combat is kinda joke. if its MMORPG itll be good. cuz the team play comes into play. but for single player RPG, the game play is very weak to me. and w/o some sort of guide, its hard to know what does what kind of effect and stuff. its kinda like adventure game rather than RPG...

I understands what you're saying there boomstick but its still a big improvemnet over morrowind.
Personally I'm finding it quite good.

MrCoffee said:
I understands what you're saying there boomstick but its still a big improvemnet over morrowind.
Personally I'm finding it quite good.
ya ive never played morrowind so i cant tell u much...i bought this for graphix and hoping for good game play. but...mb im too old to play RPG anymore. i still find non-realtime RPG way better than action RPG. when enemy comes, the whole thing stops and i have time to make some strategy for the specific enemy. thats what the RPG for me for long time. so sad noone makes game like that. is there any?

thats what the RPG for me for long time. so sad noone makes game like that. is there any?
Follow the Xenosaga series for PS2, or start up final fantasy games or something then.

Xenosaga is an excellent game. Decent graphics for it's time, but really theatrical and interesting story IMO. The 2nd one isn't as good and I anticipate the third (not yet released) won't be as good either. In the first there are some CG movies sequences that are like 30-45 minutes lol. But it was really awesome for me, I enjoyed watching them.

As far as any for computer, I don't know. There are such things as different RPG's though dude, so it's not like the kind you're describing has completely vanished or anything, that's just simply not how this particular set of games works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom