littl help bout grfx cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

ice_snuff

Baseband Member
do grafix cards have sytem requirement?
and is agp and agp x8 the same thing
and should i bother upgrading my card even though i just bought a laptop with a 9700 pro with 128mb and 1g ram???

advice & help please!!!

Chris is right, laptop hardware can't really be upgraded. Most laptop graphics cards are integrated as well. If you have a 9700 pro with 1G of RAM in a laptop, you are doing really well. Laptops aren't really meant to be powerful gamers.

ok, should i bother upgrading my desktops grafix card?
but it does have crap specs so im not really sure

p4 @ 1.8ghz
256 mb ram

No, I would suggest you build a new PC. A computer that old wouldn't be worth upgrading in the first place, because your CPU would so bottleneck your graphics card. Plus, 256MB of RAM isn't enough these days, and I don't think your CPU can fully utilize DDR400 which is the bare minimum for a modern gaming system. Plus, if its a manufactured PC, usually everything is proprietary and there is no AGP slot, so upgrading cannot be done.

i agre with everyones comments.a system that old wouldnt be viable financialy.its cheaper in the long run to build a system urself.u can build a respectable system for about 500quid.

If you want advice on what you should buy, just give us your budget and what your going to be using this computer for. we'll provide the specs of what you need :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom