List of games known NOT to work with vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be anything...does he have a dedicated gfx card?
some integrated cards dont even work with new games.

I have not explored vista much yet, I have a freind who can neither get Battlefield 2, nor 2142 to work on his version, although his new system came prebuilt.

To be fair Im not entirley sure its due to vista.

Battlefield 2 works fine, tell him you have to install the patch after the expasion packs, then right click on the icon, run as adminastrator

ok, didnt for me, did you just install it and it worked?

EDIT: tried to install it again and it seems to be going fine

well what happened was when i put it in a message came up saying this program has known compatibility issues blah blah, i tried clicking run program and it worked!

Hey, are you going to use the Vista just because it is Vista? If so, you may care only about Vista.:) Me is using the Windows XP and Mandriva Linux as it's nice for the apps and games i need. So if you really care to play the games, it's better to get something really adapted to these ones. Although topic creator already lost his money buying Vista for gaming, it's important notice for other newbies:)

not reeealy, so far I havnt come across any games which are Vista incompatible, I have however played only a few: Call of Duty 1 & 2, BF2, Colin Mcrae Rally 04, Ghost Recon, HL2, HL2 lost coast and deathmatch

Games that do work:

DX10-

-Bioshock
-Lost Planet

DX9-
-BF2
-Quake 4
-CS Source
-HL2
-HL2 Death Match

I haven't tried any others yet.

Hey, are you going to use the Vista just because it is Vista? If so, you may care only about Vista.:) Me is using the Windows XP and Mandriva Linux as it's nice for the apps and games i need. So if you really care to play the games, it's better to get something really adapted to these ones. Although topic creator already lost his money buying Vista for gaming, it's important notice for other newbies:)

No, not JUST because it's Vista.

DX10.

Without DX10, I'd be using Windows XP for some apps that only work under Windows.

If it wasn't for apps that are only for Windows that I use, I'd be using a distro of Linux.

I was dual booting XP and Vista for awhile, but why do you say "The topic creator already lost his money buying Vista for gaming".

Every game I play works just fine for me, not sure where you get off implieing Vista isn't good for gaming, I haven't ran into any issue.

I did get a warning saying Quake 4 had known issues with Vista, but I haven't ran into any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom