Legal stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

nate5042

Beta member
Ok so i own diablo II lod and diablo II. My diablo II LOD has a scratch in it so i cant fully install the game. So is it illegal for me to download it?
thanks
ps: if you could plz post the law if u think its Illegal/legal

It's illegal. To download the game OR use a "no-cd" crack is illegal. It is legal to make back-up copies for your personal use so long as you have not altered the files in ANY WAY.

So technically, you can not download it, but it's a moral issue if you choose to or not.

NOTICE: Anyone giving advice to commit illegal activites on this forum will be dealt with appropriatly. It does not matter what you think is wrong or right or if I'm a jerk or not, TF will not be put in jeapordy due to these issues. Case closed.

Well, the way I see it is that when you purchase the software, you are really paying for the CD key. I mean, the binaries (from cd to cd) are identical for all practical purposes I would imagine. Just get a CD from one of you friends - but use your own CD key during installation.

You are allowed to have a back up copy of the game. However I will be keeping the scratch copy around if they ask any question.

Or you can do what I did with my copy of WoW. Contact the software distributor and see about trying to get replacement media.

Blizzard / Vindeti was extremely helpful and quick on sending me out a replacement World Of WarCraft Disk 1.
However, my problem was corrupt disk, I am not sure what they are going to be like with scratched disk.

If im not mistaken, software is a little strange when it comes to legal and illegal copying/downloading. Apparantly if you already own the software legally you can download it and it will still be legal. Im not certain if this is true or not.

M2k4 said:
If im not mistaken, software is a little strange when it comes to legal and illegal copying/downloading. Apparantly if you already own the software legally you can download it and it will still be legal. Im not certain if this is true or not.
Or just download it and say that you copied the CD before you scatching it. Last time I check, diablo II's copy protection is nothing more than a CD Key. (correct me if I am wrong)

However, I will still keep your scratched media if any one asks any questions.

For online pay it is a CD key for normal play (Single player mode) It can be a replica CDKey basicly you can use any CDKey but it does need to be a legal CDKey for online play.

when my LoD cd cracked, i got a no cd key because i paid for my cd key and my cd, so i figured there was really nothing wrong with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom