Left 4 Dead - Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems you can't argue your own points, so you simply take what some "professional critic" says on a review site as your argument. It is called an opinion, not fact. I don't like the game, you do like the game. Awesome.

I randomly Googled a picture of the game. If you think the graphics are so leet, why don't you post some screenshots and we'll compare?

It seems you can't argue your own points, so you simply take what some "professional critic" says on a review site as your argument. It is called an opinion, not fact. I don't like the game, you do like the game. Awesome.

I randomly Googled a picture of the game. If you think the graphics are so leet, why don't you post some screenshots and we'll compare?

I am arguing my own points, look at all my counters to your ( laughable imho ) arguments like weapons are too weak, inaccurate, not enough ammo...I didn't just counter them with my own opinion...I countered them with FACTS disproving you wrong. Most would consider a shotgun taking out 6 zombies with a single blast ( if aimed correctly ) to be overpowered...not the otherway around ( I realize you can use the word "overpowered" as an opinion which has different values...but theres a general consensus..and I'm going with that, if any weapon in the game can kill a zombie in 1 shot to the head then the weapons are not underpowered )

Graphics are useless to argue over, its ALL subjective...what don't you understand? Your comparing COD5 to L4D...everyone including myself will agree that COD5 has better graphics...but your not reading your OWN POSTED WORDS...you said L4Ds graphics are "horrible"...the word horrible means VERY bad...( etc n64 status in current times ). Why is your opinion shared by no one including professional critics whos opinions HIGHLY contrast your opinion? Maybe were the blind ones?

Lastly its your FAULT for posting pictures of the xbox beta of L4D...before you post check your sources, don't just quickly scramble up a sloppy post coming to ricans defense. Seriously I mean no offense and I have nothing against you...but I've encountered so many better arguments on the L4D forums on why the game is not perfect, examples include how the game should rely more on ammo conservation ( not supply you with more ammo ), how the game doesn't have enough content as it is ( solved since Valve said they are releasing free DLC ), etc etc. If you posted the reasons on those forums people would instantly consider you a troll and not even bother arguing with your weakly supported arguments.

You think an opinion is fact. I perceive the guns to not have enough ammo. Okay, the shotgun may take out 6 at a time, however when there is 30 of them running at you, that's hardly enough.

I really don't care enough to "check my sources", I Googled that in 30 seconds. Feel free to post your own screenshots. And to me, that does look like an N64 game.

Also, I wasn't "coming to rican's aid"....??? I have a right to state my opinion as freely as anyone else.

I think the graphics are pretty bad too.

And i dont see very many facts in your posts Gabb, something a reviewer says is simply an opinion. Also you don't need to type in caps, we can see all of your words just fine.

Originally all i said was that if Treyarch took the Nazi Zombies mod and made it into a full game (added more maps, weapons, different types of zombies..etc.) then it would be better than left4dead.

If you dont agree thats fine and dandy, but you dont need to get all riled up about it. And nobody is trolling here, we are simply stating our opinions about the game. You stated your opinions about world at war many times and nobody called you out on it so chill out.

You think an opinion is fact. I perceive the guns to not have enough ammo. Okay, the shotgun may take out 6 at a time, however when there is 30 of them running at you, that's hardly enough.

I really don't care enough to "check my sources", I Googled that in 30 seconds. Feel free to post your own screenshots. And to me, that does look like an N64 game.

Also, I wasn't "coming to rican's aid"....??? I have a right to state my opinion as freely as anyone else.

This is a http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r311/renagades187/mario64.png

n64 game...if you think they look similar...well i don't know what to tell you ( a rude thing to say would be like go get your eyes checked or whatever, but I do not condone such statements )

I'm glad you added your input, I only ask that you come up with a little better supported arguments, also you never answered my serious question up there. I apologize if you felt offended or felt that I was trying to shove you aside or anything because that was not my intention. I honestly enjoy debates, but only if both sides present good arguments.

Lets get some points straight:
1. You said the weapons are weak, I countered with the fact that any weapon can kill any zombie even a lowly pistol in 1 shot to the head

2. You said you don't have enough ammo, I countered with the fact the m16 in this game actually has a high capacity clip which carries 50, 20 more then the usual 30 in most games ( I dunno wether there is really a clip like this or not ( I'm assuming so ) although I'm sure rican can confirm )

that is an example of countering your opinion with a fact...sure its not a scientific fact, but its a fact we can all agree on ( I don't want to turn this into a whole opinion/fact/theory, its all quite clear in lamens terms )

I think the graphics are pretty bad too.

imho, even the statement "pretty bad graphics" doesn't fit into the category of "horrible graphics" which is what Craze said and what I'm arguing against. I'm not arguing against L4D graphics to COD5 in any shape way or form. To me graphics are only part of what a game is made of.

And i dont see very many facts in your posts Gabb, something a reviewer says is simply an opinion. Also you don't need to type in caps, we can see all of your words just fine.

I'm emphasizing my points, I don't think its against the rules to do so.

Originally all i said was that if Treyarch took the Nazi Zombies mod and made it into a full game (added more maps, weapons, different types of zombies..etc.) then it would be better than left4dead.

Yes your entitled to your opinion of course, but as I said earlier it was the way you said it. You said "Just got done playing the zombie mode co-op in cod5 with craze....man it would completely own left4dead if it were made into a full game." now come on rican...your a reasonable guy...be honest...you can see how those words you chose can inspire L4D lovers to respond firmly. A more tactful word choice would have been "I think zombie mode in co-op in cod5 is a lot better then L4D even though I never even played the game before"...hehe of course you can admit out the last part...I joke I joke

If you dont agree thats fine and dandy, but you dont need to get all riled up about it. And nobody is trolling here, we are simply stating our opinions about the game. You stated your opinions about world at war many times and nobody called you out on it so chill out.

I am chill, especially since its so cold and rainy today...when I use bold letters or caps ( I rarely do ) I am using them to emphasize points, I'm not screaming at the monitor or anything since I don't use exclamations usually, unless their in bewilderment ( ?!??! ) Also I did state my opinions of COD5 but NEVER once said it was a bad game because I don't own the game.

Seriously though guys...imho, if you haven't played a game your opinions of it really aren't based firmly at all. Lets try to all be more educated gamers. I for one have never criticized a game harshly ( I criticized my expectations for COD5, never the game itself ) unless I have played it. Craze opinions sort of remind me when C&C Fans were saying "Starcraft is Warcraft 2 in space" and everyone who wasn't a C&C fanboy knew this statement couldn't be ANY farther from the truth.

lol, mario...

re2_screen032.jpg

Resident Evil 2, for N64.

lol, mario...

re2_screen032.jpg

Resident Evil 2, for N64.

Thats running at like 320x240 resolution, have you seen Zoeys face in Left4Dead up close? how her hair sways and how her cute cheeks have a bit of musty dirt on them, the detail as IGN mentioned is amazing. Theres really no point arguing graphics with you so I won't, to me its like your telling me the sky is purple at this point...

PCGH - Review/Benchmark: Left 4 Dead: Graphics settings compared

be sure you have the graphics set to max when viewing them, screenshots really mean so little compared to seeing everything in action

PS: You never answered my question Craze

whatever....L4D pwns all n00bs and the gr4fx are 1337 and everyone else sux my p3x0rz f00lz.

This thread has become pointless. The original question was whether or not the game could be played in a few months. In other words...will the excitement run out? Graphics, Call of Duty, other zombie games, N64, Xbox beta, weapons, and anything else aside, this game certainly has incredible replayability simply because the team play is so amazingly thought out. To be honest, I don't even really have time to admire the graphics, or ***** about the weapons, or think how it compares to CoD because I'm much too busy frantically covering mine and my team's asses. And when it's all done I sit back and tell them what a good job we did to make it through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom