Left 4 Dead - Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
I've heard that the game is extremely short. Why do you all think it is soo good? Even if the coop is fun, how long can it be fun for? Could you still see yourself playing this game regularly in a month or two?

The replay value is great if you have friends to play with. DLC will make the game worthwhile though. I didn't think it was worth the $50 dollars ( $35 imo) but still a solid fun game.

high replay value for playing with ppl in Versus online with or without friends. Plus, this game supports split-screen but i presume only on offline, requires tinkering with, i made a thread with a link giving instructions on how to get it to work. Requires an Xbox 360 controller, wired recommended.

Multiplayer always brings replayability. The same reason people play de_dust2 all the time on CSS.

de_dust2 is seriously the best CS map of all time, dust1 on the other hand is horribly in that theres only 2 chokepoints which results in lame stalemates and people too scared to charge forwarrd, while dust 2 offers 4 choke points and constant flanks and tactics.

Concerning Left 4 Dead, we had a long discussion on its worth before and all I have to say is my 5 main points:

1. you'll find virtually everyone who owns the game thinks its worth the money
2. Valve has confirmed they will add more content in terms of campaigns, enemies, and weapons ( just like in TF2 )
3. most of the people who comment the game is not worth it haven't even tried the demo ( now closed )
4. the game got a metascore of 89% which means critics thought it was a very good game
5. you shouldn't overkill yoruself in playing this game constantly, casual play keeps it fresh ( much like music ). Last night it took 2 hours to finally beat death toll on expert.

I like the fact that every time I play it it's different. Sure hoards will come at the same general areas, but one time is different from the next. Also...no game that I remember has encouraged team play like this game. Whether you're playing campaign, or versus (infected or survivor) you HAVE to work as a team and stick together or attack together. It may be short, but new content will add quite a bit more game play. I'm not ashamed I paid $45 for it.

I agree, the teamwork will keep this game fresh.

Sure, in CS teamwork is a must for league play and such......but even then if you are an Ace you can kill every single person yourself.

In L4D, teamwork is a must.....end of story. This is probably the only game I've played where I felt it was just as important to protect my team as it was myself. You know if you screw up and let them die, you are facing an imminent and horrible death.

For me the coop is all I need. I LOVE playing cooperatively, and I have never played another game that requires cooperating like this one does. The ever changing AI director also helps keep replays fresh.

Just got done playing the zombie mode co-op in cod5 with craze....man it would completely own left4dead if it were made into a full game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom