Left 4 Dead - Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they are tards ! I tell you if people would play Aztec and Dust 1 , and all those old school maps i would be long into a Clan right now :D

Aztec really only has 3 choke points ( 1 of them being pretty wide ) and Dust 1 only has 2, so I find those maps inferior to de_dust 2 since things usually result in a stalemate with people too scared to try to get past a chokepoint in pubs. Aztecs great for clan matches thought

Just got done playing the zombie mode co-op in cod5 with craze....man it would completely own left4dead if it were made into a full game.

have you played the demo at least and not judged Left4dead based on screenshots? COD5s zombie mode is actually very shallow compared to left4dead and doesn't really force you to work together besides fighting mass zombies, Left4dead forces you to work together because it has special boss zombies that can disable you 1 on 1, and requires your team mates to come to your aid. Not to mention you have to rely on eachother to lift eachother up once you take enough damage and fall down and can hand off health packs, set up gasoline canister detonation points, etc, so much more co-operative demanding on so many levels. COD5s zombie mode is pretty much the same as the hoard mode in GoW, its been done before...

PS: L4D has a higher metascore then COD5 ;)

Well i have played source played games so i already have a feel for them in general. I bought css and played it and dod, but didnt like them.

The zombie mod in cod5 is really good though, sure its only one map (actually a building)l but it does require teamwork and its co-op, you can play with up to 4 people online.

Its only one map, but the zombies get harder to kill and faster with each passing round. No boss zombies, they just get faster and more of them come at you.

You also start off with just a pistol, and as you get more points you can buy weapons. You get points for killing zombies and for rebuilding the barriers to hold them back. And you get powerups after killing a group of zombies.

You also have to revive teammates when they go down. And the graphics are very good. You can also use the death cards which enable different cheats, theyre found in the single player campaign.

Well i have played source played games so i already have a feel for them in general. I bought css and played it and dod, but didnt like them.

The zombie mod in cod5 is really good though, sure its only one map (actually a building)l but it does require teamwork and its co-op, you can play with up to 4 people online.

Its only one map, but the zombies get harder to kill and faster with each passing round. No boss zombies, they just get faster and more of them come at you.

You also start off with just a pistol, and as you get more points you can buy weapons. You get points for killing zombies and for rebuilding the barriers to hold them back. And you get powerups after killing a group of zombies.

You also have to revive teammates when they go down. And the graphics are very good. You can also use the death cards which enable different cheats, theyre found in the single player campaign.

Just cause you have a "feel" for an engine doesn't mean you have already tried out all the games possible on that engine. TF2 is drastically different from say DOD source or HL2 DM in terms of gameplay mechanics.

What you described is basically hoard mode in GOW 1 except for a few differences along with many other games that have similar modes to this, nothing really extraordinary so I don't know why you would use phrases like "completely owned" which just serves to spark anger with L4D lovers ( in otherwords use more tactful phrases when stating an opinion ), ESPECIALLY when you havent even played Left 4 Dead! I call this just fanboyism which trademarks ignorant opinions.

L4D has a dynamic AI director that makes every experience different and the gameplay mechanics force you to use team work like no other game before, this is stated in all the professional reviews time and time again, and I share in their opinion that L4D is unmatched in co-op multiplayer gameplay ( Valves objective of course )

PS: Also COD4 pretty much had this exact zombie mod except the zombies were humans and the difficulty would ramp up anyways because their numbers would increase.

I played the demo with some clan mates. Unless the real game is a LOT better than the demo, I think it sucks.

The fact that the zombies are always different (in different places, different amounts, etc) is pretty cool, I liked that.

The game is very difficult on the hardest setting. Me and 3 clan mates couldn't beat the demo on the hardest difficulty, and we played for hours.

But, it is not worth $50 in my opinion. Horrible graphics (well, it's Valve...duh...), the gun mechanics suck, the gameplay mechanics suck...

It'd be a good game if it was $10. Otherwise, it's only good if you have a 8 year old PC.

I played the demo with some clan mates. Unless the real game is a LOT better than the demo, I think it sucks.

The fact that the zombies are always different (in different places, different amounts, etc) is pretty cool, I liked that.

The game is very difficult on the hardest setting. Me and 3 clan mates couldn't beat the demo on the hardest difficulty, and we played for hours.

But, it is not worth $50 in my opinion. Horrible graphics (well, it's Valve...duh...), the gun mechanics suck, the gameplay mechanics suck...

It'd be a good game if it was $10. Otherwise, it's only good if you have a 8 year old PC.

i felt the same way except played by myself actually. I decided to get it on the 11/18 (my b-day turned 20) and man it changed my opinion about it all together n now it is one of my favorite games, and wise games to buy, of all time. Never experienced the Source engine before or hardly so it is new to me so i cant give it a final judgment if i try comparing it to earlier Valve games using the engine.

i say this game is worth the $50 and a DLC is in the works to include new maps, campaign, enemies, bosses, etc. Mods should work for this game but idk what mod editor to use or where to get one. I do like the idea of having a map editor though.

few comments to your response
1. Saying something sucks isn't really giving any insight to your reasoning, so why even say anything at all on the subject matter? Come on... this forum is a forum to express well thought out ideas, not just single sentence complaints you often see in kiddie console wars...you also use the word "suck" excessively...saying the game mechanics suck isn't telling us anything at all...your entire post might as well have been "COD5 RULES L4D SUX0RS"

2. Its hilarious how you find the demo incredibly hard, because I believe popular concensus was the exact opposite, that the demo was far too easy even on expert. Everyone I know who has played the demo believes this, along with the entire steam forum ( go look up all the threads complaining that the game was too easy ). This is probably why the actual expert mode in the retail game is INCREDIBLY difficult if you don't have a good team. Sorta implies perhaps you and your clan mates aren't very skilled at the game...also...isn't the hardest difficulty supposed to be hard? why are you even bringing this up?

3. "Horrible graphics ( of course its Valve" )....::blinks a few times:: am I reading that correctly? are you serious? Valve known for horrible graphics? Why would you even use an extreme word like horrible?!? I think its safe to say virtually everyone will disagree with you ( professionals critics and game players ) that Left 4 Dead does NOT have horrible graphics.

(from IGN):
"The Source Engine that powers the game may not be as cutting edge as other graphics engines anymore, but it does a great job at rendering a variety of environments that are packed with detail and clutter. And the lighting system is incredible; this game has some of the best flashlight mechanics since Doom III. You'll be in a pitch black dark room and the only illumination comes from the small cone of light from your flashlight. The light is attached to the muzzle of the gun so when you reload the cone of light shifts to the ceiling. Another nice lighting effect the strobe light effect that occurs from the muzzle flash when you're firing in the dark; all you see are the faces of the zombie horde in flashes. Then there's the excellent facial animation that lets conveys so much emotion on each survivor's face, as well as the typical Valve sense of humor in some of the graffiti in the safe houses. "

its amazing how opinions can contrast so much...

few comments to your response
1. Saying something sucks isn't really giving any insight to your reasoning, so why even say anything at all on the subject matter?

The weapons are weak, inaccurate, not much ammo, can't use sights. The movement in the game doesn't feel right, can't really place that one. Animations are poor, etc.

your entire post might as well have been "COD5 RULES L4D SUX0RS"

I didn't mention CoD5 once in my post, so I don't know what you're getting at there.

2. Its hilarious how you find the demo incredibly hard, because I believe popular concensus was the exact opposite, that the demo was far too easy even on expert. Everyone I know who has played the demo believes this, along with the entire steam forum ( go look up all the threads complaining that the game was too easy ). This is probably why the actual expert mode in the retail game is INCREDIBLY difficult if you don't have a good team. Sorta implies perhaps you and your clan mates aren't very skilled at the game...also...isn't the hardest difficulty supposed to be hard? why are you even bringing this up?

I meant that in a good way, I like challenging games.

3. "Horrible graphics ( of course its Valve" )....::blinks a few times:: am I reading that correctly? are you serious? Valve known for horrible graphics? Why would you even use an extreme word like horrible?!? I think its safe to say virtually everyone will disagree with you ( professionals critics and game players ) that Left 4 Dead does NOT have horrible graphics.

Left 4 Dead most definitely does have horrible graphics, as well as every other Valve game I've ever played (excluding HL stuff (did Valve even make that?))

left4dead_5.jpg

Bad graphics are bad

EDIT: And since you mentioned CoD5...

shot0000-1.jpg

shot0003.jpg

shot0004.jpg

Yeah...L4D graphics suck...

Multiplayer! I know so many people who barely play the single player parts of their games...hilarious.
The truth is:
Nothing beats the feeling of getting home from a long day of work and fragging one of your good friends into pieces. The best stress relief ever!

The weapons are weak, inaccurate, not much ammo, can't use sights. The movement in the game doesn't feel right, can't really place that one. Animations are poor, etc

lets analyze your opinions to which I highly disagree with:
weapons are weak ( proven wrong by the fact that a single shotgun round can take up to 6 zombies out, not to mention that any headshot on a zombie with any caliber weapon results in a kill ), perhaps your aiming is horrid

weapons are inaccurate ( proven wrong by the fact that if you crouch you have near perfect accuracy with semi automatic weapons that don't shoot buckshot ) perhaps you were expecting 100% accuracy while running and holding the trigger in full auto?

weapons don't have much ammo ( proven wrong by the fact that every weapon in the game has your standard game ammo except for the M16 which actually has 50 rounds instead of the usual 30! ) how much ammo did you want? If you were talking about total ammunition your character can carry, then your opinion is then contrasted highly by the fact that theres a bazillion L4D threads urging developers to give less ammo to make ammo conservation a more fundamental fact in the game ( its not really an issue )

animations are poor ( go to Game Rankings - Video Game Reviews, Release Dates, Cheat Codes and read all the reviews for the game, virtually all of them say how excellent the animations are along with the various ways the zombies can die depending on the situation...I honestly didn't even think I would be arguing this point since I never met anyone who thought against it... )

lastly on your "can't use gun sights" issue, the game was ment to be a fast paced arcade like shooter so using sights wasn't what they had in mind as it results in usually a slower paced game, not to mention the fact that using sights is a bad idea since your view would be limited and you would be more likely to be swarmed by enemies ( sniper rifle you can use scope mode )

I find your arguments against the game so poorly supported that I am rather dumbfounded even trying to argue against them since they are so easily countered...

Left 4 Dead most definitely does have horrible graphics, as well as every other Valve game I've ever played (excluding HL stuff (did Valve even make that?))
[[/img]

LOL! seriously...that was a ROFL moment...your judging Valve by saying all their games have horrible graphics...and yet you don't even know if they made their most popular and critically acclaimed game...need I say more?!? can I ask you a serious question? Seriously...do you honestly consider yourself a knowledgeable when it comes to FPS games for the PC? ( don't take any offense to my comment...it was a serious question ) Your lack of knowledge on one of the most highly reputable companies seriously makes me seem to think otherwise...

Bad graphics are bad

Everyone take note...I LOVE how he posts xbox pictures of the BETA for Left 4 Dead...I know its the BETA because the character model for Francis was the early one they first premiered years ago...opinions can't be wrong and graphics are subjective...but as rican/Zmatt likes to point out, your opinions is heavily outnumbered by others opinions if you think Left 4 Dead graphics are "horrible", virtually every professional critic ( and ill even go as far as to say as poster on these forums besides a select few ) will disagree with you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom