Left 4 Dead DLC confirmed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the DLC is for all platforms, and the 360 is getting dedicated servers as well? That's good news. I just got a 360 and my parents bought a 32 in HDTV, so I'm considering buying this game for that, even though fps are better played on PC.

Well keep in mind Valve said they were FORCED to charge for DLC for TF2 when PC owners got it for free...I would highly recommend getting L4D for the PC as the controls are vastly superior, save that HDTV for Fighting, Platformer, driving, and xbox exclusive games like GoW2.

Well keep in mind Valve said they were FORCED to charge for DLC for TF2 when PC owners got it for free...I would highly recommend getting L4D for the PC as the controls are vastly superior, save that HDTV for Fighting, Platformer, driving, and xbox exclusive games like GoW2.
Seconded. Assuming you will be getting the game regardless, you won't regret it if you get it for PC. I can't say the same for console. My bro-in-law got it for 360, has it on an HDTV and he doesn't really like it that much. Not one person I know that's got it on PC has been disappointed with it. Just my two cents.

Seconded. Assuming you will be getting the game regardless, you won't regret it if you get it for PC. I can't say the same for console. My bro-in-law got it for 360, has it on an HDTV and he doesn't really like it that much. Not one person I know that's got it on PC has been disappointed with it. Just my two cents.

Good point. I'll look into a racing game like GRID for my 360 then, and maybe I'll cave and get GoW2 (I'd have to play it first though, disliked the original).

Okay is it just me or was this game amazing for the first 3 hours of playing it, and now it just seems repetative and tedious. They needed a storyline, the levels needed to be more different (heck even unrealistic, in space or something..). They need more fun and interesting weapons, there needs to be more pc servers with less lag, they need better server browsing (like CSS and TF2), and instead of getting weapons along the way you should start out with a choice of 2 weapons (like it already is) and the more points u get from killing zombies, team work, defending etc the more $$$ you get to spend on weapons for the next weapon zone to buy new weapons.. I dunno, maybe not, that idea would have it's problems - Maybe im to used to being spoiled with CSS weapon choice :rolleyes:

Okay is it just me or was this game amazing for the first 3 hours of playing it, and now it just seems repetative and tedious. They needed a storyline, the levels needed to be more different (heck even unrealistic, in space or something..). They need more fun and interesting weapons, there needs to be more pc servers with less lag, they need better server browsing (like CSS and TF2), and instead of getting weapons along the way you should start out with a choice of 2 weapons (like it already is) and the more points u get from killing zombies, team work, defending etc the more $$$ you get to spend on weapons for the next weapon zone to buy new weapons.. I dunno, maybe not, that idea would have it's problems - Maybe im to used to being spoiled with CSS weapon choice :rolleyes:

dude....BUY more weapons!?!? do I even need to tell you why thats a bad idea? no you already know...so why suggest it...

Concerning your earlier comments:
Don't overkill any multiplayer game, if I play TF2 for 3 hours straight ill feel its repetative and tedious as well even though it technically is a new experience each time, L4D is a game to play with friends for an hour or two and come back later. Not to spend all day playing, oh and did you try versus mode? I find versus mode to be far more fun then campaign mode. Oh and yes they need to improve the server functionality ( all we agree on this ) but you can open up the server browser using console commands and concerning DLC, the OP already confirmed it.

I think they definitely need to improve the server functionality (browsing, laggyness, etc.) but the rest is not a problem. As Gabb said, don't over play it. And...buying weapons...? My guess is if we were ever infected by zombies and there were a handful of survivors, then money would be worth about as much as toenails clippings...just a hunch:rolleyes:

Ok - scrap the buying weapons bit :p But still, more and varied weapons.

And i have no problem playing CSS for 6 hours, and then 6Hours the next day.. and the next.. and ive done that for 2 years or so. Okay not 6 hours, because i'd feel ashamed :p But i could happily if had no self respect with no social life :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom