Left 4 Dead DLC confirmed! - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Gaming > PC Gaming
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 03:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
gone

Send a message via AIM to Gabb
Default Re: Left 4 Dead DLC confirmed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan_Kaizer View Post
So the DLC is for all platforms, and the 360 is getting dedicated servers as well? That's good news. I just got a 360 and my parents bought a 32 in HDTV, so I'm considering buying this game for that, even though fps are better played on PC.
Well keep in mind Valve said they were FORCED to charge for DLC for TF2 when PC owners got it for free...I would highly recommend getting L4D for the PC as the controls are vastly superior, save that HDTV for Fighting, Platformer, driving, and xbox exclusive games like GoW2.

X-Fi Xtreme Gamer card, Logitech G5 series 2
Corsair K90 keyboard, Dell 24" U2412M monitor
Old 11-25-2008, 04:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master Techie

Send a message via MSN to synergy Send a message via Yahoo to synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabb View Post
Well keep in mind Valve said they were FORCED to charge for DLC for TF2 when PC owners got it for free...I would highly recommend getting L4D for the PC as the controls are vastly superior, save that HDTV for Fighting, Platformer, driving, and xbox exclusive games like GoW2.
Seconded. Assuming you will be getting the game regardless, you won't regret it if you get it for PC. I can't say the same for console. My bro-in-law got it for 360, has it on an HDTV and he doesn't really like it that much. Not one person I know that's got it on PC has been disappointed with it. Just my two cents.

HTPC: AMD FX-4100 3.6 GHz | Gigabyte GA-880GM mATX w/ ATI Radeon HD 4250 | 8 GB G.Skill RipjawX DDR3 1600
LG Blu-Ray/HD-DVD ROM + DVD RW | 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD | WD Caviar 1 TB | Antec Veris Fusion Black HTPC Case
Logitech diNovo Edge KB | Win7 Pro 64-bit
3dMark06 23,159 | 3dMark Vantage 23,579 | TF2 Stats Page | BC2 Stats | BF3 Stats
MCSE (SharePoint 2013), MCITP & MCTS (SharePoint 2010), CIW
Old 11-25-2008, 04:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via AIM to Ethan_Kaizer Send a message via MSN to Ethan_Kaizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy View Post
Seconded. Assuming you will be getting the game regardless, you won't regret it if you get it for PC. I can't say the same for console. My bro-in-law got it for 360, has it on an HDTV and he doesn't really like it that much. Not one person I know that's got it on PC has been disappointed with it. Just my two cents.
Good point. I'll look into a racing game like GRID for my 360 then, and maybe I'll cave and get GoW2 (I'd have to play it first though, disliked the original).
Old 11-25-2008, 04:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
True Techie

and the L4D lovers will love this game even more...hahaha
Old 11-25-2008, 06:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
-Deactivated-

Send a message via MSN to Oreo

Okay is it just me or was this game amazing for the first 3 hours of playing it, and now it just seems repetative and tedious. They needed a storyline, the levels needed to be more different (heck even unrealistic, in space or something..). They need more fun and interesting weapons, there needs to be more pc servers with less lag, they need better server browsing (like CSS and TF2), and instead of getting weapons along the way you should start out with a choice of 2 weapons (like it already is) and the more points u get from killing zombies, team work, defending etc the more $$$ you get to spend on weapons for the next weapon zone to buy new weapons.. I dunno, maybe not, that idea would have it's problems - Maybe im to used to being spoiled with CSS weapon choice
Old 11-26-2008, 09:42 AM   #16 (permalink)
gone

Send a message via AIM to Gabb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
Okay is it just me or was this game amazing for the first 3 hours of playing it, and now it just seems repetative and tedious. They needed a storyline, the levels needed to be more different (heck even unrealistic, in space or something..). They need more fun and interesting weapons, there needs to be more pc servers with less lag, they need better server browsing (like CSS and TF2), and instead of getting weapons along the way you should start out with a choice of 2 weapons (like it already is) and the more points u get from killing zombies, team work, defending etc the more $$$ you get to spend on weapons for the next weapon zone to buy new weapons.. I dunno, maybe not, that idea would have it's problems - Maybe im to used to being spoiled with CSS weapon choice
dude....BUY more weapons!?!? do I even need to tell you why thats a bad idea? no you already know...so why suggest it...

Concerning your earlier comments:
Don't overkill any multiplayer game, if I play TF2 for 3 hours straight ill feel its repetative and tedious as well even though it technically is a new experience each time, L4D is a game to play with friends for an hour or two and come back later. Not to spend all day playing, oh and did you try versus mode? I find versus mode to be far more fun then campaign mode. Oh and yes they need to improve the server functionality ( all we agree on this ) but you can open up the server browser using console commands and concerning DLC, the OP already confirmed it.
X-Fi Xtreme Gamer card, Logitech G5 series 2
Corsair K90 keyboard, Dell 24" U2412M monitor
Old 11-26-2008, 09:53 AM   #17 (permalink)
Master Techie

Send a message via MSN to synergy Send a message via Yahoo to synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
I think they definitely need to improve the server functionality (browsing, laggyness, etc.) but the rest is not a problem. As Gabb said, don't over play it. And...buying weapons...? My guess is if we were ever infected by zombies and there were a handful of survivors, then money would be worth about as much as toenails clippings...just a hunch

HTPC: AMD FX-4100 3.6 GHz | Gigabyte GA-880GM mATX w/ ATI Radeon HD 4250 | 8 GB G.Skill RipjawX DDR3 1600
LG Blu-Ray/HD-DVD ROM + DVD RW | 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD | WD Caviar 1 TB | Antec Veris Fusion Black HTPC Case
Logitech diNovo Edge KB | Win7 Pro 64-bit
3dMark06 23,159 | 3dMark Vantage 23,579 | TF2 Stats Page | BC2 Stats | BF3 Stats
MCSE (SharePoint 2013), MCITP & MCTS (SharePoint 2010), CIW
Old 11-26-2008, 02:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
-Deactivated-

Send a message via MSN to Oreo

Ok - scrap the buying weapons bit But still, more and varied weapons.

And i have no problem playing CSS for 6 hours, and then 6Hours the next day.. and the next.. and ive done that for 2 years or so. Okay not 6 hours, because i'd feel ashamed But i could happily if had no self respect with no social life