Left 4 Dead Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.
love the demo, too bad the game isnt DX10 :(. This pretty much halts me from getting it on the 18th, my b-day.

Why should it be DX10? that would just offer more problems and lengthen development time. Keep in mind the Source engine is DX9 only and still looks great despite being 4+ years old. DX10 is big time overrated if you ask me, not worth the additional performance demand compared to the quality increase.

besides Vista bites :)

Why should it be DX10? that would just offer more problems and lengthen development time. Keep in mind the Source engine is DX9 only and still looks great despite being 4+ years old. DX10 is big time overrated if you ask me, not worth the additional performance demand compared to the quality increase.

besides Vista bites :)

not on my watch, i love Vista, has vast improvements over XP except for when it comes to hardware support. Like Gears of War, this game should at least add DX10 shaders and textures.

not on my watch, i love Vista, has vast improvements over XP except for when it comes to hardware support. Like Gears of War, this game should at least add DX10 shaders and textures.

Well a few points:
1. I'm not sure of the Source engine could add DX10 support, but no doubt this would take a lot of time and effort that could be spent elsewhere

2. Valve released statistics which showed something like more then 90% of their community was running xp

3. If your looking for top of the line graphics in a game, well then Source games are probably not for you since the engines 4+ years old

Well a few points:
1. I'm not sure of the Source engine could add DX10 support, but no doubt this would take a lot of time and effort that could be spent elsewhere

2. Valve released statistics which showed something like more then 90% of their community was running xp

3. If your looking for top of the line graphics in a game, well then Source games are probably not for you since the engines 4+ years old

ya i researched that about the statistics and is well understandable.

4+ yrs old? Geez. I would however make an exception to buy this game if critics give it good a good score. I like the demo already, n if i buy it, it would be like a 2 year gap from the last DX9 only game i bought (BF 2142). This is one of the coolest zombie games (err demos) ive played in a while :p.

have to wait n see.

What did you guys think of the environment and the interactivity of it?

fixed :p.

ehh it's decent, not much to hit though as far as interactivity. The cars go BEEP BEEP n then more zombies come rushing lol. Game does support Havok definitely, n u can see the physics mostly in the zombies when they get hit or shot at, it's truly remarkable. How u would expect a zombie to act like when getting shot by a shot gun they get blown away in pieces lol; heads explode, limbs come off, some ragdoll physics, it all works out too good imo.

ya i researched that about the statistics and is well understandable.

4+ yrs old? Geez. I would however make an exception to buy this game if critics give it good a good score. I like the demo already, n if i buy it, it would be like a 2 year gap from the last DX9 only game i bought (BF 2142). This is one of the coolest zombie games (err demos) ive played in a while :p.

have to wait n see.

What DX10 games have you bought? I actually don't know of too many DX10 capable games...

One thing I noticed that no one mentioned was the many different ways zombies react to shots. For example if you partially hit them with a shotgun when their running toward something and have their side facing you they will actually stumble and seemingly lose balance to the side for a bit, just a pretty cool detail. The games also much too fast paced to really focus on environmental interaction, but I do like how the doors break apart and such.

What DX10 games have you bought? I actually don't know of too many DX10 capable games...

i dont own many PC games right now because i am rather picky on games in terms of researching the game, looking at reviews, try out demos or renting, and pretty much the overall value of the game if im gonna be able to play that game many times without getting bored. Value is important to me with all games i own, even for my Nintendo Wii.

The only DX10 games i own now is Crysis Warhead, Hellgate: London (gonna trash soon anyways), and Gears of War (most recently bought). Other games are BF 2142, Diablo 1, 2 n Expansion, and Dawn of War series (all expansions). Games i definitely plan on getting but waiting for are: Dawn of War 2, Diablo 3, Prototype, and GTA4.

One thing I noticed that no one mentioned was the many different ways zombies react to shots. For example if you partially hit them with a shotgun when their running toward something and have their side facing you they will actually stumble and seemingly lose balance to the side for a bit, just a pretty cool detail. The games also much too fast paced to really focus on environmental interaction, but I do like how the doors break apart and such.

ya that is so freakin cool, i like it how they lose their balance. I love it how instead of them walking slow to u like in most zombie games they run after u. This game is the only game that freaks me out when the zombies run up to u, u just dont expect that lol. Oh n they climb through the windows n onto ledges too.

And Id like to add, Left4Dead uses all four cores for quads! The quad core support is finally emerging in games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom