Left 4 Dead Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow its getting more addicting the more i play, just have to get used to the fast paced action

This game is pretty sick! It's been a while since I've been that freaked out by a game before. I don't think I'd be willing to spend 50 bucks on it though, especially since CoD:WaW has a nice zombie mode in it.

I might pay 20 bucks for this, because I feel like I'd get tired of it quickly.

I just dled the demo and played it last night. This game is pretty sweet and a little freaky. but like Ethan said, I don't think I would pay $50 for it. Still a fun game though

I just dled the demo and played it last night. This game is pretty sweet and a little freaky. but like Ethan said, I don't think I would pay $50 for it. Still a fun game though

Well would you pay $45 for it? hehe...anyways yeah I played the demo last night for a while too. Although it does seem like the game should cost around $30, Valves probably thinking their the bomb now ( cause they are like Blizzard ) and can charge premium prices for their games. Fortunately they support their games VERY well with patches and free updates.

What I personally thought of the game, it was a lot of fun but yes I did grow a little tired of the same 2 levels offered in the demo and am hoping the full version has a wide variety. I feel almost as if I'm forced to buy the game since all my friends will be playing this now instead of TF2 :( Oh and my finger got really tired of clicking fire for pistols...they really need to fix that. I was amazed at how resource efficient the Source engine is...I mean I basically saw like 30+ zombies rushing me and it looked so life like and didn't drop below 40 fps at all and the settings were near max. The source engine however screws up your mouse fluid movement if you turn on vsync and this problem still seems to be intact. ( vsync is on by default so turn it off and notice how drastically different your mouse behaves )

I really don't want to get COD 5, I feel its just COD 4 with different skins and weapon behavior ( yes I've seen the gameplay trailers ) and to be honest COD4 was an amazing game not because it revolutionized anything but because it was just a solid multiplayer game, but after hundreds of hours of it...I frankly am burned out of it and don't want to return back.

PS: Unfortunately Left 4 dead seemed like a console game ported over to the PC because they don't show your ping numbers unless you use the netgraph 3 command

Well would you pay $45 for it? hehe...anyways yeah I played the demo last night for a while too. Although it does seem like the game should cost around $30, Valves probably thinking their the bomb now ( cause they are like Blizzard ) and can charge premium prices for their games. Fortunately they support their games VERY well with patches and free updates.

What I personally thought of the game, it was a lot of fun but yes I did grow a little tired of the same 2 levels offered in the demo and am hoping the full version has a wide variety. I feel almost as if I'm forced to buy the game since all my friends will be playing this now instead of TF2 :( Oh and my finger got really tired of clicking fire for pistols...they really need to fix that. I was amazed at how resource efficient the Source engine is...I mean I basically saw like 30+ zombies rushing me and it looked so life like and didn't drop below 40 fps at all and the settings were near max. The source engine however screws up your mouse fluid movement if you turn on vsync and this problem still seems to be intact. ( vsync is on by default so turn it off and notice how drastically different your mouse behaves )

I really don't want to get COD 5, I feel its just COD 4 with different skins and weapon behavior ( yes I've seen the gameplay trailers ) and to be honest COD4 was an amazing game not because it revolutionized anything but because it was just a solid multiplayer game, but after hundreds of hours of it...I frankly am burned out of it and don't want to return back.

PS: Unfortunately Left 4 dead seemed like a console game ported over to the PC because they don't show your ping numbers unless you use the netgraph 3 command

press tab shows your ping next to your name in bars, like cell phone bars more and green if its good ping, less and red if bad ping

press tab shows your ping next to your name in bars, like cell phone bars more and green if its good ping, less and red if bad ping

I know about the Tab key...those are NOT pings those are pathetic 3 step representations of pings which tell me nothing. This method is used for kiddy console games and I frankly view it as a HUGE insult to gamers intelligence from the developers. I mean come on...how hard is it to understand a number? This mistake should NOT be from valve considering every single game they made before it showed the ping numbers, it was left in ( and hopefully will be fixed in the full game ) cause they most likely ported it straight from console.

All ping displays should show the number along with a handy retarded proof key:
ping<100 ( happy! good! perfect! :) or for the adults, optimal
ping>200 ( average, could be better ) or for the adults "you are on dial up"
ping>300 ( bad :( or for the adults, your lagging like a mofo

personally I can't stand any ping higher then 75 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom