Left 4 Dead 2 PC Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Left 4 Dead 2 PC Demo

Fire up your Steam client and start downloading the Left 4 Dead 2 demo for the PC. Hit the comments link below and let us know what you think of the demo.

The Left 4 Dead 2 demo features gameplay taken from "The Parish" campaign, set in the New Orleans French Quarter. Playable by 1 to 4 players over local or Internet connections, the demo features new melee weapons and all the new boss infected zombies included in the full product.

I'll give this crap one more chance and dl the demo. Hopefully this one can change my opinion about this game.

Considering the biggest aspect of L4D is versus and levels I doubt two fifths of a campaign on campaign mode is going to change any sort of predisposition anyone may have about the game style. Honestly, if someone who considers themselves a fan of online shooters can't have fun playing this sort of game with a bunch of friends (which is really how these games were intended to be played) I don't know what to say.

I've played the demo and really it doesn't contain the most important part of the sequel, which are the new levels (only see two of 25 levels) and how versus plays in these new levels (map design changes Left 4 Dead's gameplay immensely) on top of the new playable infected characters. The demo just showcases the smaller improvements on the game, which I must admit are nice, but only leaves me wanting more.

Graphics, Gameplay, Audio, Melee! It's way better. I can't even play L4D anymore. I always go for my melee but it's always a pistol :(.

Considering the biggest aspect of L4D is versus and levels I doubt two fifths of a campaign on campaign mode is going to change any sort of predisposition anyone may have about the game style. Honestly, if someone who considers themselves a fan of online shooters can't have fun playing this sort of game with a bunch of friends (which is really how these games were intended to be played) I don't know what to say.

I've played the demo and really it doesn't contain the most important part of the sequel, which are the new levels (only see two of 25 levels) and how versus plays in these new levels (map design changes Left 4 Dead's gameplay immensely) on top of the new playable infected characters. The demo just showcases the smaller improvements on the game, which I must admit are nice, but only leaves me wanting more.

My friends really aren't pc gaming nerds like me. I don't have any to play with.

My friends really aren't pc gaming nerds like me. I don't have any to play with.

Yeah, that's the downfall of L4D as to me it's not a great gaming experience with a bunch of strangers (most of the time, I still meet some cool/fun randoms) where as other games are much forgiving when playing in pubs.

hmmm... I might have to get this if I can get some of my friends to..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom