LCD and gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. LL

In Runtime
Just bought my first LCD, 22" Acer. Is there anything special I should know as far as game options with a LCD monitor like this? It seems like I remember something about setting Antialiasing a certain way or something.

If a game doesn't support wide screen does it just black out the sides or do you have display problems?

You don't need to do anything special at all. You will not have any display problems at all.

If the game does not support widescreen......it will still fill out your monitor....it just stretches the image alittle....not a big deal.

The one thing that lcd's do not do very well is run at a lower resolution than what the native resolution for the monitor is....so if you have a 22" monior with a native resolution of 1680x1050....it wont look very good if you bump the resolution down to 1440x900

A nice video card should keep you using the native resolution of your monitor and it will look real sweet for you......you will like it very much,

Enjoy gaming on your new monitor :)

Most games support 1600x1000 Like Whirlwind said, if you want to play games maxed out at 1600x1000. You should make sure you have a GPU powerful enough to handle maxing out games at that resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom