LCD - FPS's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hapx4.0

In Runtime
How do LDCs hold up with First person shooters? iv heard they " Ghost " and blur the images? my brother has a 12ms 450:1 LCD and it looks awesome, i don't see what people are talking about. i wanted to buy one but if i do i wanna know what I'm getting my self into since i play FPS a lot! any help?

Ghosting is a problem on the typical LCDs that you get with the $299 dell package or with an HP package. Generally they are 25ms or higher and see lots of ghosting. Those who claim ghosting is a problem have probably only used these LCDs. Most decent LCDs of today don't have that problem. Its resolution scaling that is the big problem with LCDs, meaning you will have to give up 1024x768 and play in 1280x1024 (or whatever the native res is) if you want the image to look good.

Oh awesome, i use 1280x1024 on every game / pc atm so that wont be a prob. thanks guys. i found a 8ms lcd for under 200 new, and dident wana buy it if it was gona be worse than the crt i have. Thanks!

I've never heard of ghosting on LCDs, I thought that only happened on CRT's. I got a Dell monitor(NOT a Dell Computer, the monitor was just a hamy down) and i never have problems. go with the LCD

I have a LCD by Hercules the prphetview series....thats pretty good...had it for a little while now

Try it for yourself is the only thing I can suggest, some people are picky about it being the native resoultion. My 17 inch looks great to me at non native resolutions, so I play at whatever res gives me the best performance/graphics ratio.

17 inchers look better at non-native resolutions than 19 inch ones do. 19 inch ones have much larger pixel pitch so it stretches the image more degrading the image quality at non-native resolutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom