Lcd arms for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

396sahara

Solid State Member
Ok guys.. have a weird question here. I play warcraft, warhammer, but i sit on my couch to do it.. I broke my back a few years ago and i cant do more than a half hour in a chair in that oh so comfortable raiding position lol.. My computer is on my end table next to my couch and i would like to find and arm that i can pull over in front of me. Also, do you think the ones with the key board tray and mouspad area would work? it need to be able to swing about 36 inches to be in front of me. I know this is a weird question but any ideas would be great.. Thanks again guys.

As you can see i have a few options to move my computer around and places to mount the arm. I sit on the couch right there with the computer on my left. Thanks again guys

IMGP1093.jpg

Is it not possible to move you computer or couch and get a regular chair? I don't know what you mean by raiding position, normal sitting position?

lol.. raiding position was a metaphor for all hunched up and ready to pounce for 3 hours in Karahzan. and as far as a chair.. i cant find one low enough to keep my back from aching.. i like the couch but im trying to be nice to my wife and keep the living room organized. so i was thinking a lcd radial arm with a keyboard tray under it but i wasnt sure if anyone had ever used one. my only worry is that it wont be very stable when spamming key on the keyboard. by that i mean is it rigid or kinda bouncy when you are using the keyboard.

Most likely be bouncy... And be very expensive, I mean normal LCD mounts for a tv that move in and out and such cost around $100 for a decent quality one, and the shake a bit when moving them...

Are you competent enough to build your own? Be much cheaper you could probably also go down to your local smithy tell him your plight about your bad back and get him to build one for not to much cost. I have a blacksmith just down the road and after changing college courses was no longer allowed in the metal workshops. I go down there show what I want doing make all the calculations and markings on the matal, and he does it when he has a spare moment for a much reduced cost as I have done all the mental work for him all he has to do is the actual building and its not to a specific time deadline and I don't mind if he prioritises "proper" projects ahead of my own.

Interms of button bashing mayhem perhaps a extra reinforcement support could be added to the mount trotter linked to (or one you get built custom) needn't be more then a square sheet metal base with a cylindrical bracket welded on (like a parasol support but less heavy duty) and a extendable pole with spring locks like the extendable umbrellas have but larger say 1-2" diameter. You could then put a 90degree triangle hinge on the extendable pole so that it can be folded flat against the mount when in standard desktop mode and released when needed. Rubber pads should prevent any noise and cushion the metal brackets. It could be stored with the base plate under the desk and the extendable pole using friction via rubber grommets to hold it in place against the mount if thats not sufficient then a simple clip. I could whip you up a quick sketch if you are lost in what I am saying but intrigued by the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom