Laser Habu gaming mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightSurge

Fully Optimized
I just got this mouse from Newegg.
Newegg.com - Microsoft 9VV-00001 Black 7 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB Wired Laser Habu Gaming Mouse - Mouse

I was originally getting the G5 as I've used one before and like it, but this one was about $6 cheaper for the same functionality (2000dpi, 7 buttons, on-the-fly sensitivity switch). I also noticed it was a Razer designed product so I figured it must be pretty decent.

Did I pick a good mouse for my PC gaming or did I get fooled into buying an MS mouse with a Razer design? :confused:

Probably the latter, but I don't speak from experience. :p Personally, I would have just gotten the G5 since you liked it. I doubt it will feel the same to use this one.

Well my friend also has a DeathAdder and I liked that as well :p I'm not too picky on the "feel" of it and can get used to about anything. I just wanted the main functionality at the best price and a good design.

Man, DeathAdder. If I didn't think I would like the G5 design better than that, I would have gotten one just because it has the most BA name for a mouse ever. I love the G5 though.

The Habu is the *******ized child of Razer and MS. I would rather have the Razer itself, but you should be OK. I don't know how it is set for drivers, though. If it uses the Razer software it would be good.

The Habu is the *******ized child of Razer and MS. I would rather have the Razer itself, but you should be OK. I don't know how it is set for drivers, though. If it uses the Razer software it would be good.

Yeah it uses Razer drivers/firmware and software. The only thing different is if it breaks I go through MS instead of Razer. Eh, I guess it will be a nice little experiment and I'll let you guys know how the mouse performs.

my friend has one, within 2 weeks the cable started disconnecting and screwing up the mouse (at the mouse, not the computer) because it was loose, he replaced it and he still has problems with it, but it is less frequent. Hopefully you will not have that problem.

my friend has one, within 2 weeks the cable started disconnecting and screwing up the mouse (at the mouse, not the computer) because it was loose, he replaced it and he still has problems with it, but it is less frequent. Hopefully you will not have that problem.

I indeed hope I do not. If I have problems it has the standard return policy via NewEgg so if it craps out on me within 30 days I'll just return it and get the G5 :p

Just an update guys, I got the mouse yesterday and updating the driver/firmware/software was a bit of a pain, but so far the mouse performs great and it had a customizable side panel so I could move the side buttons right where I wanted them! I really dig the on the fly DPI adjusters! It makes it so easy to go from fast turning to slow and accurate aiming! BAH! I also love the look of it. The blue LEDs are no where near as bright as I had feared so they work great as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom