LAN party game needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
K, have a bunch of guys (6) coming over in a couple of weeks for a LAN party, we're sending the wives and kids packing for a couple of days and are going to play again like we were teenagers.

The problem is that my younger brothers play still and are very good at a couple of games, specifically; Quake, CS and WC3 and will wipe the floor with the rest of us older folk, not making it any fun.

Any suggestions? We'd like to stick with either a shooter or WC3 type game.

I've been leaning towards the new C&C, Unreal tournament 2004 or battlefield 2. Any endorsements of the above as a LAN games? Any other ideas? They don't have to be new but systems shouldn't be a big issue, my specs below are the newest, the other guys all have core 2 duo intel laptops bought within the past few months.

battlefield 2, counter strike source, fear, and crysis (when it comes out) are all good, crysis will pwn when it comes out though...

Dont even try to play bf2 laned with 6 ppl, its boring as **** the mpas are huge you will never find eachother!, stick with shooters with smaller maps or strategy type games

If you do BF2, just find a server with very few people. that way you can either play against each other, or team up and play against the people there. No need for teamspeak since you're all together... no lag in communication.

UT2004 is a pretty good idea. Just pick a quick game.

And Halo. I am frankly shocked that no one has said Halo. Are you kidding me? I realize that hating Halo is the cool thing to do, but come on. Quite possibly the most fun I have ever had at my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom