lan gaming not working between pc's

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, ones on vista and ones on xp

XP Game Hoster: autoconfiguration ip address : 169.254.252.177

vista, game joiner: temporary ipv6 address 2002:d8d1:8440: :d8d1:8440

For the xp computer it does not say a gate way, but fr the vista one it says:default gateway:2002:c058:6301::c058:6301

so what now?

edit:sorry for the double post

base on those ip address that you gave it will really not work soi will give you a guide....i can help you with XP but with vista i dont know the step by step procedure how to go to network configuration, if someone can guide you in vista it will work..here is the procedure in XP
1.click "start"
2. go to "control panel"
3.in control panel , double click "network connections"
4.in network connections right click "local area connection" a new tab should come up
5.in the new tab highlight "internet protocol(tcp/ip) and click on properties
a new tab should come up again.
6.in the new tab tick "use the following ip address" now you should have the option to manually set the ip address that you desire i would suggest using this setup
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.1
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.138

you can leave the dns table as blank, unless you want to use the internet

you can use this same procedure in vista if you can go to the network configuration. just choose IPV4 not IPV6...use the same setup just change 10.0.0.1 with 10.0.0.2.... if you have setup both computers go to both pc and click start, then run, then type "cmd" in command prompt type "ping 10.0.0.2 or 10.0.0.1 which ever pc you want to ping if you can ping the other pc then you can play LAN games...

yeah the client pc is the one that want to join the game...the host is your game server.

ok, thanks man, i will try it with my 2 pc's with xp, so do i just do the exact same thing on both computer>? like the ip's will be the same? or do i have to change them?

ok, i will try it after the way the other guy mentioned if it does not work.

I have not had any time lately to myself, or for anything i like doing, school is killer right now. Get up at 5:30am every morning, and then get back at 4:50, then i have to hit the sac at 10:00pm to be able to get up for the next day, it's terrible.

you have to make it different ip host is 10.0.0.1 and client is 10.0.0.2 or which ever you desire to choose and you cant make hamachi work if your LAN is not properly configured so you still need to make this procedure work.and i think hamachi is internet based,i think it serves a different purpose..... after you have setup the ip go to the pc that has the ip of 10.0.0.1 and ping 10.0.0.2 and vice versa... if you can ping the other pc you can now enjoy playing lan games...btw what game are you trying to play?

^ok, thanks, i have not had time to do anything because of school but since it's the weekend i should have time now.

Farcry, and i wanted to play a bit of cod4, graw 1&2, and a few others. But mostly farcry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom