LAN or dedicated server game for lunch break

Lar1121

Daemon Poster
so i am on the hunt for a game 10-16 people can play here at work everyday at lunch. right now we paly COD 4, which is great but has gotten old and we all need something new. we have people that go out for lunch, smoke etc. so not everyone jumps in at the same time, so we are not about to jump in and out of games to pick people up and would rather just play with our people

-needs LAN or dedicated servers
-Fps- prefered
-easy enough to pick up for the old timers
-inexpensive- below $30

any ideas would be great, gonna try BF2 tomorow, but i think maps may be too big

Last edited:
BF2 coop (with bots) are limited to 16 player maps with up to (I think) 32 players total. They have a dedicated server program which is really easy to use.

If you have internet that can be used at all TF2 is free to download and play on Steam. Another game could be Halo or Halo 2 as they both support LAN and up to 16 players.
UT2004 or UT3 are also 2 other LAN options.

thanks, ill have to check these out

counter strike ill have to try for sure lots of people recomend this game, source is the one to get, i see there are lots of CS games?

team forstress 2, i didnt know was free, ill check it out at lunch

halo games- i know the old timers wouldnt get into aliens and laser guns

unreal tourny- ill have to check out too
thanks again, think of any more let me know, ill be trying to figure this out for a good week before i decide and we do have internet access fyi

Counter-Strike. Definitely one of the more fun games I've played with a large-ish group of people :tongue:

CS:S or CS:GO for me.

Minecraft, too. although you'd have to host your own server most likely. (unless you want to play on my server. I've never tested it with more than 10 or so people on, but it's worth a try)

Back
Top Bottom